It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2006, 03:17 PM   #1
(female)

willowthewisp HB Userwillowthewisp HB User
tracheitis???

Hi not sure what board to put this on as too many things hurt.
I have been to my dr feeling unwell and she says she thinks i have Tracheitis. Taking anti-biotics but so far not helping ( just over 24hrs) My windpipe is hurting and so is my chest,it feels like a marble is pushing on my windpipe (right where a man would have his adams apple) i feel like im not breathing properly, my neck hurts and so do my ears and in general i feel like hell. I am starting a new part time job monday and so want to be well but i feel so ill. The thing that is worrying me is when i go to bed at night my chest feels so bad, i am wondering if this is like asthma, my peak flow is down to 350, normally 460, but i feel like my chest is being compressed and i cannot stop coughing and now am bringing muck up if i cough to much. My voice is also gone and it hurts to speak, i had no redness to the throat and my ears were clear. I have never heard of Tracheitis, when does it start to ease, what can i do to soothe my windpipe and chest and when will i be able to breathe properly. Has any of you had this and can it get dangerous. I sure feel bad.
I have suffered for ages with night time acid reflux, has this caused it. I have been a bit run down lately as i have been nursing my husband with pneumonia for the last 4/5 weeks.

Last edited by willowthewisp; 09-16-2006 at 03:20 PM.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:09 AM   #2
(female)

Re: tracheitis???

Just a quick update from yesterday. I feel even worse and i am finding it much harder to breathe, it really does feel like i am breathing through a sponge where i am having to suck to get the air through. I am taking lots of sprays from the asthma pump the doc gave me even though i dont have asthma but i dont feel this is really giving me any relief. My chest is so sore and i now feel to unwell to start my new job ntomorrow which i am devasted about, will this go soon !!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2006, 02:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

2 things come to mind. 1st, do you have any heartburn or GERD? It could be silent and that means that you probably feel it. Maybe see a gastro.
The 2nd thing is maybe anxiety. Anxiety does a lot of strange things to your body, including the chest pain and feeling like you can't breathe. You did say you were starting s new job, so maybe you're nervous. Keep us updated and hope can make work tomorrow. Good luck, Linda

Old 09-17-2006, 02:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Linda_in_NJ HB User

Oops just noticed you suffer from reflux, so forget that question.
It could very well be that. I have had GERD for 20 years now and it does make my chest hurt, sometimes like a heart attack. Also literally takes your breathe away due to the reflux going into your lungs. Do you take PPI's for your reflux? Try something over the counter like Prilosec and see if that helps at all. Also reflux does come all the way up to your throat sometimes.
Linda

Old 09-21-2006, 04:41 AM   #5
(female)

Hi, well im now on day 9 and things are getting a bit better but boy my chest feels sooooo horrible. I have now had 5 nights sitting bolt upright in my bed and i just cannot sleep for coughing. As soon as i lay down i cough, and cough and cough until im sick, then once i stop coughing i wheeze and cackle badly in my chest and throat. Today my chest is really uncomfortable and i feel exhausted and washed out. I am on ppi's?? but my dr suddenly cut them down from 40mg a day to 20mg without even telling me why. I am a bit concerned about this acid going into my lungs, should i be concerned or as i am taking tablets for it will that be ok.
I did not manage to go to work as the trachietis was so bad. Still have a croaky voice and tight chest, my dr has asked me to go and have a breathing test next week??? a spirometer i think she called it.

Closed Thread