It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2006, 05:15 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User
shoulder impingement

hi all----have lots of problems stemming from a work injury in may. neck is a mess, back, knee, ankle is stillswollen from tendonitis after 5 months. just got MRI of left shoulder results back. have a sub-acromial impingement. PT is telling me it's nothing and that PT will fix it. did therapy on shoulder once last week and it mae my neck and shoulder 10 xs worse. from what i've researched arthroscopic surgery usually fixes this right up and then you do therapy. anyone with a shoulder problem. i am really confused.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2006, 06:36 AM   #2
(female)

nanna_T HB User
Re: shoulder impingement

Hi ICC, I was diagnosed with a shoulder impingement in January this year. It has now turned into adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder). My chiropractor has been treating it with manipulation and given me gentle exercises to do. For the first 6 months I found it very painful and had a lot of tightness in the muscle. Now the pain has gone and I have more movement in the shoulder joint, but still have a bit of trouble getting dressed or reaching for things with that arm. My chiropractor is doing such a good job with it that surgery has not been suggested at any point. I do however have a friend that had the surgery and told me not to even consider it as it was very painful. She advised me to tough it out.
If you are unsure what to do, get a second opinion or try alternative therapy such as chiropractic. I have heard that Bowen Therapy is good too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2006, 10:36 AM   #3
(female)

katiemaz11 HB User
Thumbs up Re: shoulder impingement

I visted my gp over two months ago, due to having a constant pain in my right shoulder very painful but the strange thing is my thumb on my right hand has the same pain, he could not tell me what it could be and adviced me to exercise gently and take painkillers, it is not getting any easier, wondering if there is anyone simalar and knows what it is

Old 09-18-2006, 11:14 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User
Re: shoulder impingement

have the same pain in thumb and first four fingers. all but my pinkie. bicep pain is horrrible. not sure which is from the shoulder and which is from the neck. am seeing PCP tomorrow and would like a referrel to an ortho and neuro since there are so many injured body parts. if surgery is outruled for everything i am starting aquatic therapy again and since i have alot of belief in chiro's will also try that. best to all.

Closed Thread