It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2006, 11:38 AM   #1
(female)

Viclyn HB User
Excess Gas

This is quite embarassing, but has anyone experienced having so much gas on there stomach? I'm the type of person who hardly ever burbs but it all goes down and I pass so much gas it's embarassing I've had a colonoscopy and my Dr. said everything was normal. I was too embarassed to tell him I pass gas all the time. While making love, or just napping, it'll wake me up. I don't want to fall asleep with anyone around because of this problem. If anyone else can relate I would like to hear from you. ( I guess you should know I'm a female, it doesn;t seem to bother the men I know)

Old 09-18-2006, 12:19 PM   #2
(female)

DX- HB User
Re: Excess Gas

Viclyn,

Passing gas is a natural occurrence, but too much could signal a variety of other problems. A colonoscopy won't necessarily uncover them. You need to make an appointment with your primary care doctor and get it checked out.

Even if your doctor doesn't find anything, it will be worth your peace of mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2006, 07:09 AM   #3
(female)

grandkidsrg8 HB User
Re: Excess Gas

check out the digestive disorders boards. alot of gas issues-flatulence-is probably a gi issue. it could be related to foods you eat as well-keep a diary see if anything promotes more gas than other items. also-does the gas cause any pains? do you get any cramping or shoulder pains? if it really is nothing medical then there are really good otc meds to try at your local drugstore. good luck

Old 09-22-2006, 10:18 AM   #4
(female)

mymreone HB User
Lightbulb Re: Excess Gas

Have you checked for allergies to milk or dairy product? (Lactose Intollerence)
I am an RN and was lucky enough to work for a doctor for 9 years. Guess what? Doctors don't know everything! Usually after doing all the tests they can think of, they pass you on to another doctor. Thus getting rid of THEIR problem and allowing you to believe they know what they are doing by sending you to another doctor. Thus as the old saying goes, "Pass the Buck" Sorry to the docs out there.
I don't think what you have is terribly serious: embarrassing maybe but serious no.
I would see a gastroenterologist. In the meantime skip al the MILD and dairy rpoducts you eat and no raw vegtables until you see him.
If your Doc can't refer you to a good gastroenterologist, your health insuranse probably can. In the mean time try Gas-X or Beano before eating foods you are not sure of.
Good Luck

Last edited by mymreone; 09-22-2006 at 10:20 AM. Reason: error in spelling

Closed Thread