It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2006, 08:26 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

saphire82 HB User
Question Is it a cold sore or what is it?

Almost every time I eat tortilla chips or some kind of salty chip and Im not careful I get a sore on the corner of my mouth, Ive never got a sore anywhere else on my lip. It doesnt get very big at all and it actually goes away if I leave it alone, its more just irritated than a sore and it can happen on either side but only in the corner between my top and bottom lip. Does anyone know what this is?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2006, 10:50 AM   #2
(female)

franm1962 HB User
Re: Is it a cold sore or what is it?

Its not a cold sore.

With these ou feel a tingling feeling and then blisters appear.

Fran
xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2006, 08:33 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

saphire82 HB User

Thank you, I did also call a nurse and she also said its not a cold sore and its probably just that my skin is sensitive to that area and gets chaffed if something rubs on it. She just said to put regular vaseline on it. Just in case anyone else gets this problem. Also from my experience I do notice that if you pick at it it only gets worse and just leave it alone.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:32 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

thegardener HB User

My daughter used to get this with salty chips and such. I have forgotten all about it now. I read that a Vitamin B deficiency could cause problems with the lips and she had a lot of food allergies and couldn't eat a lot of fortified foods, especially wheat. We had her treated at an alternative doctor so now she doesn't have the food allergies anymore. So it could have gone away because her diet improved or because the treatments that she recevied fixed the problem?

Old 10-17-2006, 07:51 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

saphire82 HB User

Ok now I have a different problem, I have something that looks like a zit at the top edge of my lip. My lips were extrememly dry yesterday so I kept slathering chapstick on and then used carmex and by the end of the day it looked like a zit was forming. I ususally only get little tiny ones on the bottom edge of my lip that I can barely see and cant even feel if I get vaseline even barely outside my lip area. Well anyways this ones larger and now this morning it looks like it has a whitehead, and because its larger I can actually feel it. Does this sound like a cold sore?

Old 10-18-2006, 11:52 AM   #6
(female)

Katherine83 HB User

No this doesnt sound like a coldsore to me. Since you have a history of sensitve skin and and breakout around the mouth I would guess that its probably just a pimple.

Closed Thread