It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2006, 07:24 AM   #1
(female)

bluestar1 HB User
Unhappy Looking for Hemmoroid Info

How long do hemmoroids usually last? In particular, when can I expect the hard lump to go away? I had some bleeding at first but that was because I had a scab from what looked like a blood clot of some kind. You see I think I pushed so hard that I actually bursted a blood vessel - the clot thing has been getting better as it hasn't bled in a few days. The lump seems to be getting smaller but very, very slowly. It has been 6 days since it first appeared. It doesn't hurt anymore like it did the first few days. Matter of fact it hardly hurts at all. I have been doing the salted sitz baths several times a day and using 1% cortizone cream (as recommended by a pharmacist over PrepH). Passing a stool is not painful although I have been eating prunes, drinking plenty of water, and eating fiber to soften my stools so I think that helped. When do these things generally go away completely? I've learned my lesson not to force myself to go to the bathroom. I had no idea is was so bad to do that. Please advise.

Old 09-28-2006, 06:20 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

thegardener HB User
Re: Looking for Hemmoroid Info

Sounds like it is a clot and I guess it will go away once it breaks down and gets dissolved. Good thing that you are not in pain anymore. When the vessel broke maybe you could have pushed on the vessel to push the clot out? Your diet sounds excellent. Yeh, straining with a bowel movement is a big no no. Unfortunately, I have become an expert on hemorrhoids since I have suffered for 20 years and I finally, through trial and error and doctors, doctors, doctors, resolved them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread