It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2006, 12:59 PM   #1
(female)

Ag1982 HB User
Unhappy chest pain not common with anxiety!...HELP!

HI everyone..
how are you?
I have been having chest pains close to my left breast....when I push on my breast bone it feels like a bruise pain.
I don't know if it's allergies or if I"m dying of Pneumonia or cancer!...
totally frieken out!
I have also been sleeping like CRAZy....almost 12 hours a night and I'm still tired
I am totally unmotivated all the time and have been missing classes and work!
Maybe I have two things going on ... depression and something else?
I have anxiety disorder and hypochondria. but I have been on Effexor for a LONG time and I have been fine....
HOwever, just recently (the past 2 weeks) I have been experiencing these symptoms...I can't see a doc until next Monday, so in the meantime I'm really nervous!
Please help!
Thank you so much
Agatha

Old 09-28-2006, 01:15 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User
Re: chest pain not common with anxiety!...HELP!

Hi Agatha

A severe Anxiety episode can cause severe chest pain and some people say it feels just like a Heart Attack because the pain is so severe.

What you have described is NOT Pnuemonia and it is definitely not cancer. Your pain is muscular. When someone is having muscular pain, when they press on the area the pain is eminating from it will feel tender, sore or very painful to the touch. This is muscular and nothing to worry about.

It does sound like you need to return to your Doctor about sleeping a lot. This could be depression related or it could be caused by mild Anemia or it simply may be due to you having a lack of energy which has made you very tired.

Please do not worry because it is nothing serious and it will clear up on its own. Go to your local chemist/pharmacist and purchase some rubbing cream/lotion or oil for a pulled muscle or muscular pain and apply this to your chest area and around the side. This will help with the pain or alternatively, take painkillers for the pain.

If it hasn't gone in 2 weeks then see your Doctor for something stronger. Meanwhile take it easy and dont worry so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2006, 01:48 PM   #3
(female)

AnastasiaC HB User

Hi Agatha,
First things first...RELAX! I had the SAME EXACT problem...went on for WEEKS!!! I thought i was dying of lung or chest cancer..Flipped out! Went to the doctor..he was one of those doctors that just gives you pills! Hate those!..He thought i was having anxiety! Partially true..I was..HOWEVER..i took it upon myself to go get a DEEP tissue massage..hurt like hell..but HELPED! Then..the very next day..started going to my chiropractor 3-4 times a week. In two weeks i swear i was healed. Believe it or not...many people have chest pains mainly on their left sides or in the middle and lead them to believe they're having a heart attack when really their back is out!!! Who'd a thunk it right?? Me either... ON TOP OF ALL THIS..i also flipped my matress and switched sides...i was sleeping on my tummy alot..or sleepingfor long long long periods of time. That can throw your back out enough to make your nerves in your chest pinch and cause you alot of pain!!Also..when you have an alignment issue in your back..i know that it causes me to work harder to function daily..therefore i am exhausted at the end of the day..just from overcompensation with my muscles! Remember to sleep on your sides and clutch a nice big long body pillow(hug it and put it between your knees as well)...it keeps your back and chest aligned!
Try these things. I hope they help you as well!
Take care!
Anastasia

Old 09-30-2006, 10:41 PM   #4
(female)

shaunsgrl HB User

I have the same thing...its costrochondritis. its an inflammation of the cartilage between your rib cage. it hurts to cough or even touch your chest. so, try putting a heating pad on ur chest on medium and taking 2 motrin. i thought it sounded simple, but u can have it for 6 months to a year and most people complain of just a simple change in weather agitating their chest. a good way to test to see if u have this is to do exactly what u did and push on ur chest. its ur breast bone and ur left side of ur chest that hurts the most. i had a chest x-ray done too so i know i have nothing serious. think of it this way, if it was ur heart, ur bones and muscles wouldnt hurt, so i think ur ok. let me know if i helped

Last edited by shaunsgrl; 09-30-2006 at 10:45 PM.

Closed Thread