It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2006, 01:16 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

viccles HB User
Constant Pain in Leg

About 5 years ago I broke my ankle a standard fracture bit of ligament damage. After I had the cast off I have now constant pain in my hip knee and foot on the left side. Been to physios, excersise physologists, doctors, several cortizone injections massage excersises etc etc. 5 years later still no relief yet the pain is getting worse. I had a blood test a few months ago which showed up inflammation so now I am being referred to a rhemotologist and am not sure what he will be able to find. The physio says I have bursitis in my hip and knee as well. I'm about at my wits end and no one has actually identified a cause for all this pain. Can anyone help me? I've had several xrays which have not shown anything structually wrong in my knee or foot.

I do have knock kneees and flat feet which I know definitely doesn't help but surely can't be the cause of all this pain can it? I have no pain on the right hand side at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2006, 01:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Constant Pain in Leg

Knock knees and flat feet will cause body to be out of line and extra pressure put on places it should not be.

My son had knee/leg pain problems and the orthopedic doc said it was caused by his flat feet. Told him to wear good supporting shoes. In fact we had special made fiberglass inserts added to his sport shoes so he looked like other kids, he was 14 at the time and was not about to wear corrective shoes and be different from other kids. This worked well, then sport shoes came out with good support and has not needed special inserts. The doc also told our son to choose a profession where he did not have to stand on his feet and to never have surgery on his feet unless it was the absolute last resort.

Look at your shoes and see how you wear the sole. With correct supporting shoes the wear should be even and not on one side or the other.

I have lots of feet/leg pain these days due to Plantar Fasciitis and found walking shoes by New Balance plus Dr. Scholl's Gel arch supports (full length) work well. My arches have fallen some apparently, had to buy a larger/wider size shoe today.

Inflammation can sause lots of pain. I have inflammation in feet, knees, groins, hips, rotater cuffs, wrists, hands, fingers/thumbs. They do not call it arthritis or any other name, just inflammation. I am currently taking a new anti-inflammatory medicine called Limbrel, a health food by prescription only. It is working, not a cure, but the relief has been wonderful. The inflammation is worse on the left side than the right. The right side is now liveable and the left is getting better as time goes along. I could not take anti-inflammatory meds such as Motrin, Ibuprophen, or others due to causing stomach pain. It has been almost 3 months and so far I have no side effects, no stomach problems from the Limbrel.

Misty

Last edited by Misty800; 10-03-2006 at 01:41 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread