It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2006, 09:52 PM   #1
(female)

erinspice HB User
Nausea, Fatigue, Overheating

For the past couple of months, I've been getting extremely tired at night, to the point that I'm begging my husband to go to bed at 8:30. I also experience nausea occasionally, but not on a daily basis. My biggest symptom is that I've been experiencing a very strange overheating sensation. This mostly occurs when I'm seated and leaning against the chair, or when I'm in bed, but it can even occur when I'm just standing or walking around. My torso feels very very hot. When I touch my stomach, it doesn't feel hot to my hand, but it feels hot to itself. Does that make sense? I get this all day long, everyday. I've taken my temperature, and I haven't ever had a fever while this is happening. I keep the house 71 degrees at night, and sleep in my underwear under only a topsheet, and I still feel like I'm burning up on fire. When I'm driving in my car, I keep the air conditioning on 60 and I feel hot and cold at the same time. I shiver because I'm so cold, but my torso still feels like I'm about to spontaneously combust. I sweat a little, but never to the point of actually wetting my clothes or sheets. I wouldn't consider this night sweats because of that, and because this doesn't wake me up in the middle of the night.

What in the word could be causing this?

Edited to add: I'm female, 5'2", 120 pounds, 24 yrs old, not pregnant, healthy, and normal pap within the past 3 months. I have no history of night sweats or anything like this before.

Last edited by erinspice; 10-03-2006 at 10:28 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2006, 09:03 AM   #2
(female)

june_gemini HB User
Re: Nausea, Fatigue, Overheating

What's your Dr say about it?? I had similar symtoms and have since had my gallbladder removed and was told that I might have Hypoglycemia but would need to be tested. I don't want to do that so I just watch my sugar & carb intake and haven't had much trouble lately so you might want ask your Dr about those 2 options.

GOOD LUCK

Old 10-06-2006, 04:35 PM   #3
(female)

erinspice HB User

The doctor ordered bloodwork to check for diabetes, menopause, liver or kidney disease or failure, hyperthyroidism, lymphoma, lupus, or anemia. Results back on Monday.

He says if everything is normal then its probably my birth control, but he doesn't really think its that because I've been on the ring for months now and these symptoms came up all of a sudden.

Old 10-06-2006, 10:25 PM   #4
(female)

june_gemini HB User

Wow, thats a lot of tests. I know that the birth controll pill can cause blood pressure issues which can make you feel nauseas and light headed, maybe the ring is delivering too much hormones to you body at once.

Keep us posted on the test results.

Closed Thread