It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2006, 12:36 AM   #1
(female)

candycandy HB User
humming noises in my head

You know how sometimes you lie in bed at night, and you can't sleep, then you start hearing these humming sounds? The past week or so, I've had this humming in my head that is constant... day and night. It never subsides. It's not so bad during the day, when my mind is occupied, but at night, it's so annoying. It's sorta like the sound of the computer humming, or crickets or something. Once in a while, it gets completely silent on one side, but just for a few seconds, almost like one ear turned off! Then it comes back to both sides humming. That is the MOST irritating thing.

Does anyone know what causes this, and even more importantly, how to make it go away???

Please HELP.

Old 10-07-2006, 06:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: humming noises in my head

you know,my mom had this a few years ago and all she did was start taking niacin suppliments and it just magically went away.don't know why but it worked.you could just give that a try.if this has been going on for a while now it would probably be a good idea to just see your primary and have it evaluated.there are many possible reasons for this to occur.he may be able to tell you,in your particular case,just why this is going on anyway.FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2006, 10:23 AM   #3
(female)

candycandy HB User

thanks feelbad... i wish i had medical, but i'm a stay at home mom. anyway, i've had Kaiser for most of my adult life (til I decided to stay at home) and I've kinda lost faith in them. They misdiagnosed a couple times, and gave me a nasty infection during a hospital stay.

But I'll look into those niacin supplements. Sounds like a nice, easy, and quick fix! Those are the best kinds.

Old 10-07-2006, 04:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

brook65 HB User

I would consider going to the doctors to have your ears looked at. This sounds like they need to be syringed to me!!

Old 10-10-2006, 08:46 AM   #5
(female)

alltaurus HB User

Also could be a problem with your inner ears or sinuses and adenoids. This is the time of year for sinus pressure with all the crazy weather changes. They can put pressure on your inner ears.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:48 AM   #6
(female)

candycandy HB User

I think I've figured out what's causing the noises in my head... but I'm still not sure what I can do to stop it. Almost a month ago, I was feeling ambitious and I went out and washed and waxed my car, and my boyfriend's car too. Afterwards, my lower back hurt like heck and I went out and bought some IcyHot (the roll-on kind). You know, "icy to dull the pain, hot to relax it away..." something like that. Whatever.

The pain in my lower back comes and goes, but I've realized that the noise in my head started at about that same time (maybe the exact time, I'm not sure). I still roll on the IcyHot, and sometimes take advil or aleeve. After taking the aleeve, I noticed the noises stopped, but only if I stand up straight (difficult, back hurts the most when I do this). It also seems to get a little quieter if I ball up in the extreme-fetal position.

I think the noises are caused by a pinched nerve or something. I still don't have medical insurance. Can someone please recommend some stretching exercises or ANYTHING that may help my get rid of this lower back issue, so that the noises might completely stop (and hopefully the pain too, but that's secondary right now). THANK YOU!

Old 10-25-2006, 08:29 AM   #7
(female)

beaka_sue HB User

have you had your blood pressure checked lately? That is one sign of these humming noises. get that checked. my sister in law had the same thing.

Closed Thread