It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2006, 08:37 AM   #1
(male)

hopingnot54 HB User
Unhappy what could i have? please help quick!!!

ok, so it is now October 9th and i have just gotten over a cold that was going around the dorms that consisted of cough, stuffy nose, etc, the common cold, no fever though

i thought i was over it but still had a small cough with some phlegm and such and a little head congestion, then on friday, i went home and that , fell asleep and woke the next morning feeling sort of rough, now on sat. night i started to get somewhat chilled and on sunday i came down with a fever. It broke after taking ibuprofen but came back, i then got a bit of a headache, and today, monday, the 9th, after a night of fever breaking and waking up soaked in sweat, my fever had decreased but i still hada bit of a headache, sort of head fullness, after taking ibuprofen again my fever has somewhat subsided again but i still have a small one

im not sure if my glands are enlarged, i dont have a sore throat, my nose is a bit stuffy but i can still breath out of both nostrils, i do seem to have a bit of nausea but it too has seemed to subside a bit, i did have unprotected sex w/ a girl back on june 20th and found out she was not the cleanest girl, could this be the onset of HIV or just my body fighting off a second round of the cold, i know that early onset of HIV occurs days to several weeks after infections but it has been several months and the guys that she has had sex with dont show symptoms and neither does she, what could i have and should i be tested?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2006, 08:47 AM   #2
(male)

hopingnot54 HB User
Re: what could i have? please help quick!!!

also i wish i had a pic of what a normal tongue looks like b/c now i am paranoid that mine is somewhat white

Old 10-09-2006, 10:00 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

hillaryb HB User
Re: what could i have? please help quick!!!

It sounds like you have a bad cold that perhaps has developed into a sinus infection. that happens to me all the time. I don't think something like this is indicative of HIV in your case. go get yourself tested soon for peace of mind and for future reference-protect yourself! I'm sure you know by now it isn't worth the worry.

Closed Thread