It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #1
(female)

SusieQHomaker HB User
Cool Cure for all that ails you... WOW -what a difference for me!

Wow, wanted to share my experience somewhere.

I am getting older, have been raising children for as long as I can remember. Stuck in a miserable marraige and now after having 2 C-Sections ( a few years back) have put on incredible weight. I would look in the mirror and suddenly see my age (39). My skin almost yellow looking, age marks, I used to be so beautiful. Even when I started gaining weight I always had my blonde hair, blue eyes, and pretty smile to help... but now even my face showed misery and age.

3 months ago I was so depressed I couldn't hardly get up in the morning to take care of kids and chores. I cried a lot. Couldn't believe my life was passing me by and that I weighed ( and you are the only people who know) a whopping 240 lbs!!! I could sit on the floor with out my leg falling asleep in seconds, couldn't cross my legs. When I woke in the morning my ciculation was so bad half my body would be numb, tingling and asleep. Not a good feeling. I felt like I had very bad health. Knew blood pressure was high- average 145/95.

One day I decided to walk. My mom does it every day and swears by it. It wa hard at first, I was afraid to go to far from my house. So I started a little bit by going around a very small block once in the morning and once at night. Actually I loved it. FRESH air breathed deeply. The sound of birds or crickets... life....

By the end of week one I increased my walks to 1/2 mile in morning 1/2 mile at night. By the end of week two it was 1 mile in morning 1 mile at night. By week 3-4 it was 1 mile in morning 1 mile in afternoon 1 mile at night!

Now although my weight seems to be slow to go down, my pant size hasn't, I have probably dropped two pant sizes but lost only down to 220 (I guess that IS good). But the other benefits were even greater to me. My average blood pressure dropped dramatically the very first week. Now my AVERAGE blood presssure is 117/65... sometime it does go up during hormonal phases of my cycle, but to have the average back down is SUPER.

People started commenting on my face. People told my husband I looked healthier than ever. I looked in the mirror to see a pink color, a healthy glow, and a sparkle in my eye I thot I had lost. First my face sagged a little more, but after a few weeks the skin tightened up again and now I just look thinner!

My legs are solid as a rock, and you could bounce a quarter off my butt. I am afraid that they won't get skinny though.

People in the neighborhood know who I am now and I am often stopped for chats or 'Could you get my wife out for a walk, she just lost her father... it might be good for her' or 'Wow, I don't know how you do it, your such a friendlier person these days, could I walk with you?'

I get along with people much better. I enjoy my volunteer work at the kids school and actually WALK there once a week (another mile and a half). I know my face is brighter, my attitude is brighter, and my health is better regardless that I still weigh 220.

I can sit on the floor and do my photo albums and laundry with out my feet falling asleep in two seconds. I can sit in my big fluffy chair cross legged and play my on line party poker (lol) comfortably. AND when I awake in the morning, nothing is numb!

This is still a process that will take time to take off years of neglect on my body. I don't have unrealistic expectations, like I did when I was younger. I don't starve myself but have changed my eating habits to high protien, lower carbs and fat. And if I eat fat it has olive oil compounds of good cholestrol like high in mono unsatruated fats and no transfat.

I am now involved in changing our kids lunches at school to healthier diets and more exersize.

I didn't cut my calories down to nothing but my expectation are around 1500 calories a day. I know (from experience) if I overdue it, I will end up pigging out on food, so instead I allow myself to eat, but make sure they are not wasted calories, but packed with nutrition.

What started out as a simple summer walk around a short city block has changed my life. It is a great perscription for depression, anxiety, stress reliever, weight loss, better health, increased circulation, lower blood pressure, and a 'social life' (lol).

I recommend a good walk to anyone suffering modern day 'illnesses' it just might be your healing or cure as well.

I still have my days, but don't skip out on the walk, it will be the only thing that takes you away and makes things seem better.

SusieQ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2006, 04:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

brook65 HB User
Re: Cure for all that ails you... WOW -what a difference for me!

Hey - you are living proof that exercise definetely lifts depression and helps our out look on life.

Reading what you have just written, is bound to give inspiration to thousands of people, not only have you helped yourself, your children, but coming on here like this, will give lots of people a positive boost!

Although I don't know you, you sound like a new, reborn woman.

You go girl, You sound proud, and so you should be. Well done

Old 10-10-2006, 10:56 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Soibhan HB User

You go, girl!!!!!!

Old 10-11-2006, 12:36 AM   #4
(female)

Tiea HB User

That is such an inspiring post. My dad used to weigh a lot and eventually he decided he'd have enough of it, so with a healthy eating plan and plenty of walking he gradually lost all the weight. Unfortunately since then he's put it all back on and then some, to the point where I'm scared if he doesn't do something about it SOON he's going to be in serious trouble with his health.

Ok, that kinda ended up depressing

Anyway, it's amazing how wonderful you can look and most importantly, feel with regular exercise. It really does do wonders for the body and soul.

Keep up the amazing work, you should be so proud of yourself!

Closed Thread