It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2006, 01:38 AM   #1
(female)

Natsker HB User
Red face Chest/Rib pain

I have been training for a marathon for the past two weeks and a couple of days ago did an intense ab work out. The next morning I woke up with pain I figured was simply from muscle soreness. But as the day went on the pain got worse. I tried to strech a bit but that made it worse too. I have a very high pain tolerance but this unlike anything I've felt before. The pain runs along the bottom of my ribcage. I'm sensitive to the touch and it hurts when i take deep breaths, cough or sneeze, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Natsker

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2006, 10:24 AM   #2
(female)

michmob HB User
Re: Chest/Rib pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsker
I have been training for a marathon for the past two weeks and a couple of days ago did an intense ab work out. The next morning I woke up with pain I figured was simply from muscle soreness. But as the day went on the pain got worse. I tried to strech a bit but that made it worse too. I have a very high pain tolerance but this unlike anything I've felt before. The pain runs along the bottom of my ribcage. I'm sensitive to the touch and it hurts when i take deep breaths, cough or sneeze, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Natsker
That sounds like muscle pain from over extending yourself to me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2006, 08:10 PM   #3
(female)

shaunsgrl HB User

Look up the symptoms for costrochondritis (sorry if the spelling is wrong) Usually when you do a lot of stretching, it causes some inflammation in your rib cage. It is severe pain...i got it from reaching for a box at work. Try putting heat on your chest and taking an anti-inflammatory like motrin or something and see how that works...if not, go to a doctor and have it checked. Does it hurt to push on your breast bone?

Old 10-12-2006, 12:56 AM   #4
(female)

Natsker HB User

No, it doesn't hurt to push on my breastbone, but it does hurt when I push on my lower ribs. Normally I wouldn't be concerned but this seems like it's a little more than simple muscle soreness. Thank you so much!

Closed Thread