It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2006, 09:10 AM   #1
(female)

michmob HB User
Metalic taste in mouth

I'm new to this forum, so forgive me if Im on the wrong thread. I have various health problems from fybromyalgia, asthma, depression and anxiety. I have on and off over the last few months a metalic taste in my mouth. I have looked on the net and got various answers to my query but still none the wiser. Please please can anyone help me.

Old 10-11-2006, 11:36 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Triscia HB User
Re: Metalic taste in mouth

Hello. Have you ever been tested for acid reflux? [removed] It was causing the metallic taste in the mouth. Good luck!

Last edited by mod-anon; 10-11-2006 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Outside of Health Professionals Board, these Boards are for peer discussion only. It is against the rules to proclaim any type of work in the medical field

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2006, 11:52 AM   #3
(female)

michmob HB User

Yes I have acid reflux for a long time now but this taste thing is fairly recent. Thanks for replying

Old 10-13-2006, 10:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

Are you on any meds? I had the same when I was on lithium.

trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 10-14-2006, 02:57 PM   #5
(female)

michmob HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trg247
Are you on any meds? I had the same when I was on lithium.

trg247
No sometimes I wish I was on lithium

Old 10-17-2006, 04:52 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

brook65 HB User

Just a thought - but I know that it can also be a sign of pregnancy.

Old 10-17-2006, 05:49 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

emcy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triscia
Hello. Have you ever been tested for acid reflux? [removed] It was causing the metallic taste in the mouth. Good luck!
I had a similar problem but mine was caused by anxiety. good luck

Old 10-20-2006, 10:10 AM   #8
(female)

michmob HB User
Smile Re: Metalic taste in mouth

Thanks for all the help, I think its to do with gum disease, Ive been flossing more that usual and brushing vigouously and it seems to be helping

Old 10-21-2006, 01:40 AM   #9
(male)

HealthAddict HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmob
I have various health problems from fybromyalgia, asthma, depression and anxiety.
Regarding to those symptoms you listed above, you should probably look at your diet incase you have a food allergy or food intolerance. Keep a food diary of what you eat each day along with how bad your symptoms are on each day.

The most common foods that cause problems are wheat, gluten (gliadin), milk, egg and nuts. The reason why these foods are common allergens is because just about every processed food that's in the supermarket contains at least one, or more of these ingredients. So over the years of consuming these foods, if you develop a leaky gut from illness, or unhealthy living/eating habits, the food particles escape from your intestines and into your bloodstream.

Any food is toxic if you inject it directly into the bloodstream since it needs to be converted by the body into something your body can use. So by the food particles entering your bloodstream it is then treated as an invader (similiar to a viral infection) by your immune system, and your immune system creates specially designed anti-bodies to destroy the food particles. If this happens regulary, then you will find yourself feeling ill on a regular basis, and the symptoms may progress to something unbearable, or even life threatening.

As I said above, you should keep a food diary and try and pinpoint the offending foods (that is of course if food allergy/intolerance is what is causing your symptoms), and then remove them from your diet for a few weeks to see if your symptoms clear up. Only choose medication (antidepressants, etc) as a last resort, since most of these symptoms can be cleared up by changing a persons diet and lifestyle. Also, make sure you get all the essential vitamins, minerals, EFAs, digestive enzymes, amino acids, etc, from your diet and supplements on a daily basis, to prevent deficiencies, etc.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by HealthAddict; 10-21-2006 at 01:53 AM.

Old 10-22-2006, 01:43 PM   #10
(male)

kmacdona HB User

Michmob,
You are probably right about it being oral hygiene. This is one of the most common causes for the metallic taste in the mouth. It can be caused by gingivitis, periodontitis, tooth infections or just poor oral hygiene. When you brush and floss, try brushing your tongue as well.

Hope this helped,

MAC

Old 10-24-2006, 08:16 AM   #11
(female)

beaka_sue HB User

girl you better go get a pregnancy test. I know alot of women who get this when they are pregnant.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:54 AM   #12
(female)

michmob HB User

Thanks everyone,

Its seems to be coming back, I'll try all your hints. To healthaddict, I have lots of food alergies (fish eggs different food colours and preservatives). I did the atkins diet a while ago and found my heart burn and a lot of my IBS went so I concur with what you say about allergens in foods. When doing atkins I was eating whole foods no processed as such, but its hard to keep it up. I'll try the food diary and maybe I can pinpoint what the food baddies are. What kind of supplements would you recommend. As for the pregnacy comment I'm definatly not pregnant and Im very happy about that .

Thanks again for all your comments

michmob

Old 10-29-2006, 03:31 AM   #13
(female)

michmob HB User

I am very interested in the whole leaky gut and metalic taste in mouth. If anyone knows how to find out if you have leaky gut ie tests you can get or weather theres anything else that can be done to aliviate symtoms

Closed Thread