It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2006, 12:02 PM   #1
(male)

ttwarrior1 HB Userttwarrior1 HB User
I can't afford my meds. Quick question

I did a search on google and found freedrugcard.us and i got accepted quick. Is this legit . I now have a discount drug card and if so how come the doc or pharmacy in the past few years or ever told me abou this or programs like it.

please dont tell me its so they can make more money

Old 10-11-2006, 02:38 PM   #2
(female)

Wagster HB User
Re: I can't afford my meds. Quick question

In England we have a card where you pay £100 ($200) and with that you get as many prescriptions as needed for a year.

Some meds such as epilepsy meds or diabetes meds are given free and not paid for.

Otherwise a prescription is nearly £7 ($14) a time now.

I'm lucky, being unepmloyed, i don't pay for them

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2006, 02:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GettingWellAgain HB User

I've actually never heard of free drug card, so I can't say whether or not it is legitimate. You are right in that doctors WANT you to have to pay for expensive prescription drugs (maybe not ALL doctors, but many). Doctors get monetary "kick backs" if they get a certain number of patients to take a popular prescription drug. These nice little "kick backs" come from the pharmaceutical companies themselves. One GOOD thing about the pharmaceutical industry is that MOST offer special programs for people who can't afford their prescriptions. You can call or write the drug company of the particular drug you take, and inquire about the program. I was on two seperate programs, and BOTH of my prescriptions turned out to be FREE. But, I had to qualify and show proof that I couldn't afford my meds. Good luck.

~Katalina

Old 10-11-2006, 03:06 PM   #4
(male)

ttwarrior1 HB Userttwarrior1 HB User

as far as qualfying it looks like anyone does. Could someone check out the site for me so i dont look like a fool tommorrow when i go get my med .
Its not insurance but a discount card. Said my med would be like 8 bucks so it sounds like a good deal to me

Closed Thread