It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-14-2006, 09:06 PM   #1
(female)

shaunsgrl HB User
Arrow I Cant Breathe!!

For a few weeks now I have been really short of breath. Even while I am talking to people, I have to keep taking deep breaths. I can barely walk without having to sit down. Now I have been getting chest pain all over. I've had chest x-rays and blood work and ekg's done. My doctor told me that I have costochondritis (inflammation of cartilage between my ribs). They also told me that I have anxiety. This is not chest pain associated with anxiety. I've been getting a "fluttering" sensation in my chest also. Does anyone else suffer from this or know anyone who does who can give me some insight on this? I'm starting to really worry. Just to let you know, I stopped smoking a little over a month ago. I was a very heavy smoker. I'm not under an abnormal amount of stress. I'm having heart testing done next week. The pain has gotten even worse within the past couple of days. I'm only 22 years old and there is no history of problems like this in my family. I dont drink caffeine and I cut back on my sugar intake. In case you havent noticed, I've seen a lot of doctors in the past couple of weeks. All tell me this is normal. I don't feel like it is...any help would be greatly appreciated.

missy

Old 10-15-2006, 02:50 AM   #2
(male)

dutch-ny HB User
Re: I Cant Breathe!!

Did you tell the doctors about the very heavy smoking???????Have you CHECKED the LUNGS????? SMOKING probably did the damage.every thing said two things need to be checked is damage to lungs by Asthma[possible] likely smoking damaged the lungs [and check for lung cancer]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2006, 06:44 PM   #3
(female)

shaunsgrl HB User

Yes, my lungs were checked. They did a scan of my lungs and they did chest x-rays. The doctor keeps telling me that it is because I am overly run down and I need to sleep more. I've been having weird sensations in my chest with the breathlessness. Doctors are saying I'm healthy, I just feel horrible. My blood work also showed nothing.

Old 10-16-2006, 01:42 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

_mystictiger_ HB User

I'm sorry your having such a difficult time hun. I don't know much about the imflammation of your cartillage but I can tell you that if you become too breathless to speak then you need to go to A&E. They WILL sort you out and get to the bottom of your problem.

Old 10-17-2006, 01:12 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

You may be a hidden hyperventilater. Learn all you can about hyperventilation and proper breathing.

Closed Thread