It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2006, 01:21 AM   #1
(male)

dextar HB User
Fumes from burning plastic

The other day my friend got one of those plastic tops (the ones they put on your cups at fast food restaurants) and burnt it. It smelled pretty bad, but I don't know if the fumes were harmful or not. Are fumes from burning plastic harmful in any way? Do they cause permanent lung damage?

Old 10-15-2006, 02:37 AM   #2
(male)

dutch-ny HB User
Re: Fumes from burning plastic

All plastic will cause you problems !!!!! Question? How much you inhailed? If you are smart do not ever burn plastic!!!!!!!!!!!! Do some homework on the internet learn what makes the various plastics. You will then understand!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2006, 08:09 PM   #3
(male)

dextar HB User
Re: Fumes from burning plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch-ny
All plastic will cause you problems !!!!! Question? How much you inhailed? If you are smart do not ever burn plastic!!!!!!!!!!!! Do some homework on the internet learn what makes the various plastics. You will then understand!!!
He started burning the plastic thing, and it let out a really bad smell. Before it was completely burnt, he threw it outside somewhere. But the smell stayed in the room and there wasn't much ventilation. But my breathing feels the same as it always has. Could my lungs still have been permanently damaged?

Closed Thread