It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2006, 06:37 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

twokatss HB User
vomiting blood

If a person is vomitting blood, like in chuncks, very dark, could this be a sign of an ulcer.

Can an ulcer also give dark bowel movements.

Either or?????

Asking for a friend........

Old 10-15-2006, 08:36 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: vomiting blood

there are a few different things that can cause vomiting of blood.ulcers is just one.my son started vomiting up blood from liver failure we didn't even know he had til this actually happened one day while at school.that fact that your frind is also having digested blood would indicate that it is coming from the upper GI tract,such as the stomach area ,and not the lower.what other symptoms is he experiencing at this time?any pain or swelling at the abdominal level?any swelling to the mid,L side along with some tenderness?any nose bleeds at all,easy bruising?the whites of his eyes,are they even slightly tinged yellow?looking at them outside is the best way to tell,i couldn't see the yellow in my sons eyes til we were outside one day.for some reason this didn't show up in the house,even with the lights on.the day light will tell much better.

that 'chunks' he is vomiting up are most likely blood that has clotted.either way,he is actively bleeding and this requires rather immediate attention to stop it.the cycle will keep repeating til this is actually Dxed and treated.like you stated,this could be an ulcer but it could also be the indication of something much more serious.i would definitely get him to an ER TODAY for treatment.this just needs rather immediate attention when he is actively bleeding.you can bleed alot into your stomach,trust me,and when it cannot take much more,it will come up,like it did with your friend.he needs to be seen asap.or he could lose wayyy too much blood and this could lead to even more severe consequences.

i hope you can get him to be seen today at an ER,this could be very life threatening if this is still active.please keep me posted as to how things are going and what you find out,K? I hope its just an ulcer.FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2006, 10:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twokatss HB User

He was sent by ambulance and that was 10 hours ago now. We will have to wait for an endoscope MOnday now...... He has tenderness on Right side lower down than stomach......He is 80 and diabetic. Also postrate cancer that he thinks he doesn't have. He was bleeding from bladder last year and sent by ambulance then too. Surgery to help him but he refuses to believe it is cancer.He had cancelled all DR appt. because he is a stubborn old fool. He thinks they are no good. However he is happy today for them........

Thankyou for your response......... A concerned neighbour

Old 10-16-2006, 05:02 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

some people just cannot handle things like that and just will continue to live in denial.my mother in law did this when she was Dxed with cancer.unfortunetly,by the time she finally told anyone about her actual symptoms,she had the cancer spread all thru out her entire abdominal cavity and dies very very soon right after that,it had gotten to the point where it had shut down her kidneys before she finally said anything to anyone in the family.her greatest fear was that she would one day get cancer(a very very strong cancer history in her family,the worst i have ever heard of actually)go into the hsopital and never come out.thats what happened but only because she was afraid to see even the doc for regular visits.she just knew that one day,it was comming and she didn't want to hear those words.her entire side of the family ,five brothers and two of her shildren so far,all dies from cancer.thankfully my hubby goes regularly to see his doc for check ups on every imaginable body system.denial does kill alot of people.the fear of possibley hearing those words just keeps them from accpting that there could be a problem and possible cancer or some other familial disease running thru families.

i personally couldn't live that way,but my sister is the opposite.she just doesn't want to hear bad things.i sure hope your neighboor will do what is best for him,but at 80 years old,who knows.you sound like a very wonderful neighboor to have around.hes lucky to have you next door.let me know how things go.FB

Closed Thread