It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2006, 07:13 PM   #1
(male)

ExcelPremium HB User
Questions about Moles on Face

Well, I have this mole on the left side of my face, it's not that big, pretty small actually but it looks pretty bad, and i started to develop a small one on my nose as well which looks worse.

I was woundering what are the pre-cautions of getting these 2 moles removed? are their any side effects?

has anyone done it? If so which way did you do it? and Did it leave any permanent scares?

I went to the doctor and he said, you could get it cut/sliced off, but the people said their would be marks after(asked them), then I asked the doctor, about those cosmetic places that uses laser to remove them, and he said that it might "signal" the mole to react to the lazer and develop into cancer/tumor?

What do you guys recommend? I would like to get these 2 moles removed, but I wouldn't want scares after or a mark.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-16-2006, 07:31 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Questions about Moles on Face

I had 3 removed from my face. They just cut them off. No side effects at all. No scar...very faint line. They did have to sort of buff them down to get them level with the facial skin. but it was no big deal. Healed like any other mole removal. You have to keep the site moist with vaseline and a bandaid until it heals. I would do it again.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2006, 04:53 PM   #3
(male)

ExcelPremium HB User

ahhh ic, but my doctor said that their might be scars, and the cosmetic people that were going to do the "cutting" said their would be as well...

so im leaning towards laser, do you think that will be safe?

Old 10-17-2006, 05:29 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

I don't think I'd go with the laser removal. I've had such good success with the other method....all over my body. I know where they are were but can't even find all the places now. I would say I've had at least a dozen removed and there aren't any scars from any of them. Just make sure you use a good dermo or plastic surgeon.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:49 AM   #5
(female)

asimpson57 HB User
Lightbulb Re: Questions about Moles on Face

I used a product from this company called Pristine Herbal Touch. It removed the mole on my eyelid in one setting and I had a pink area that scabbed over and healed with minimal scarring. I used Neosporin then pure vitamin e oil on it after that to minimize scarring as I am prone to it.

I've heard several stories of people using baking soda and cold pressed castor oil solutions to remove their moles.

I definitely would not recommend the "bio t" product as it causes a violent immune response and thus scarring.

Old 10-18-2006, 04:18 PM   #6
(male)

ExcelPremium HB User

whats the bio t product?

Old 10-18-2006, 07:04 PM   #7
(female)

asimpson57 HB User
Lightbulb Re: Questions about Moles on Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcelPremium
whats the bio t product?
This is what the maker says "Topical use of Bio-T Topical Ointment: Bio-T Topical Ointment has been used successfully in the removal of warts, moles, skin cancer, skin tags and other conditions caused by virus or other offenses to the skin. It will act only upon those conditions that are not natural to the skin. It will not help the body remove liver spots because the only thing wrong with the skin is the loss of pigmentation. Remember that Bio-T Topical Ointment is not removing the unwanted tissue or condition. It is only exposing the problem to the immune system so it can do it's job. The body does the removal and healing. The best way to demonstrate this is to do the opposite by placing Bio-T Topical Ointment on good, health skin. This can be done repeatedly and it will do nothing. Bio-T Topical Ointment is not caustic or acidic. It is not burning away-unwanted tissue, rather, it is exposing the problem to the body so the immune system will deal with it."

Basically it is like a paste you put on the mole and then cover with a bandaid. within a period of a week the immune system will attack and kill the mole. It will look red and inflammed due to the immune response. Then it will dry up, peel off, etc. It did work for me put it left a scar.

I prefer the Wart Mole Vanish as it really got rid of my mole in one sitting...it costs a bit more, but still cheaper than a dermatologist.

Old 10-25-2006, 09:03 PM   #8
(male)

ExcelPremium HB User

ahhh ic thx ^^ anything else? hehe

Old 10-27-2006, 04:24 PM   #9
(female)

asimpson57 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcelPremium
ahhh ic thx ^^ anything else? hehe