It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-17-2006, 08:59 PM   #1
(female)

worried sister HB User
Unhappy Bleeding belly button

Hello, I'm new here but i have a question and hope that someone can help. The question I'm writing is for a sister of mine that i am worried about. I have tried to look in other places and finally found this site. My sister is obese and has been bleeding from her belly button for almost a month now. She has gone to the emergency room plenty of times for this because she doesnt have any health insurance or the cash to afford a special doctor. Anyways, she keeps seeing different doctors everytime that she goes in and all they do is tell her that she has vertical veins that have torn and they burn them and stop the bleeding. She is observed for two hours and then is released when they see no more bleeding. But of course it starts once she is at home. She has asked for x-rays since cancer runs in our family, but for some reason the doctors tell her that unless she is throwing up blood or pooping it, they can't or won't do that. So as the belly button bleeds, my sister keeps going to the emergency room once again to burn another vertical vein. and so on, and so on. I am really concerned for my sister, so please if anyone is out there who can help, please do. Also she is now feeling cramps in her abdomen everytime she eats. On days she eats nothing , and her skin color is starting to look yellow from all the blood she's lost. And everytime she has had to put kotex or some other form of bandage on her navel to catch the blood from leaking everywhere. So please if anybody can help me with some information i would really appreciate it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2006, 01:27 PM   #2
(male)

kmacdona HB User
Re: Bleeding belly button

Your sister has liver problems. The yellow skin is from Jaundice. She may also have ascites. (Abdominal Swelling) which can cause the herneated belly button.
Does she have fatigue? Next time she is at the doctors instist that her liver be checked.

Old 10-19-2006, 05:09 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

adamace1 HB User
Re: Bleeding belly button

I really hope the doctor knew what they were talking about. But the poster above me could be right.

Closed Thread