It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2006, 09:56 AM   #1
(female)

goldenboys HB User
Ethics and Incompetence

I don't know if I can post this here but hopefully I can get this off my chest. I have a primary care doctor that I've been seeing for a couple of months for routine tests and cholesterol. On my 1st appt. the doctor examined me with me having only a sheet on and no other medical staff in the room. When I told him I felt uncomfortable he just chuckled & told me I was very young looking for my age. The 2nd visit was very long winded about why my hot flashes were in my head. On my 3rd visit I was to get results for Lipid Profile Tests that the dr. ordered but the nurse said I never had it done although I waited an hour for her to take the blood a week before. When I got home I called the lab who said only an AST test was written up and that's all they did. To make a long story short I went back & forth between the dr's office, the lab and my insurance carrier. Finally when I told the receptionist at the dr's office to have him call me they all of a sudden found the AST results and insisted the lab made a mistake in not doing the whole test. Fine whatever have the doctor call me. Well this was a week ago and I have no call from the doctor only a note that was mailed hand written from the "office manager" stating that the lab screwed up and did not do their job and they were apologizing on behalf of the lab. In the meantime I have no lab work reordered although I asked, no phone call from the doctor and my insurance company says to find a new doctor. Great now I have to start over with another doctor. I will end saying that I had been a MA for a doctor for 20 years & a CNA for CCU in a hospital for 2 years and am so appalled by the incompetence that is now taking place in physician's offices. Thanks for reading.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread