It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2006, 01:15 AM   #1
(female)

tgf HB User
facial warts

Hi there,
Has anyone got any ideas how to get rid of facial warts, i have had it frozen off 4 times at the hospital but it keeps coming back

Old 10-22-2006, 09:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: facial warts

Hi...did they do a biopsy of them before assuming they're warts?

I've been told that warts don't happen on faces, but a condition called seborrheic keratosis is most commonly assumed as them.

Check it out, look up facial warts as well....maybe you'll find some answers to what you may actually have and use that info to take to the doctors for further treatment.

quincy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2006, 07:42 AM   #3
(female)

lilgogo HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgf
Hi there,
Has anyone got any ideas how to get rid of facial warts, i have had it frozen off 4 times at the hospital but it keeps coming back

the best method is tea tree oil, you can buy it at whole foods or at a health food store. I get mine thru a company called Melaluca. My sister in law had her sons frozen off which left huge scabs, my friend's daughter had them all along her chin. She saw immediate results. She cleansed the skin with a little rubbing alcohol and then applied the tea tree oil. It has a lysol like smell but is completely safe to use. It is an antiseptic for cuts. I'm using it for plantars warts and finding it very effective.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:05 AM   #4
(female)

SeriouslySad HB User

ive got a small wart on my upper lip thats been there for about a year now, the doctors said if they was to freeze it off it would leave a scar, so ive been trying allsorts, i tried wartner the home freezing kit, but with no luck. at 1st i was chopping it off myself with scissors but that was too painful and resulted in alot of blood loss and it would just grow straight back. Im now trying tee tree oil, hope it works. Ive also heard garlic can work? abit of crushed garlic applied to the wart and then coverd with a plaster. Not sure ifit works. I hope the tee tree oil works,i just have this bad feeling it wont.

The doctor said warts only last 2 years and go on their own, not sure if they do though.

Last edited by SeriouslySad; 11-10-2006 at 01:07 AM.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:05 AM   #5
(female)

tgf HB User

Hi,
i have been using tee tree oil for about a week now the wart has faded a little, hope it works. thankyou

Closed Thread