It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2006, 07:35 PM   #1
(male)

DerDichter17 HB User
Strange and worrisome

Ok, I will preface this statement with a few words, the subject matter is kind of gross. Anyway, since its online, I don't feel that vulnerable, but I have a question. I was feeling some itchy kind of irritation at the top of my butt, not far from my tail bone. Then, upon self inspection, I discovered something that made me sick to my stomach. I have no idea what it is or means, but there seems to be a small hole, about the size half the diameter of a pencil eraser just about at the base of my tail bone. I don't know if its related to the itching, but I feel like I noticed it in the past and just didnt think too much of it. Anyway, I know its gross, but I would appreciate feedback.

Old 10-23-2006, 06:08 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: Strange and worrisome

What you have there is most likely what is called a "pilonidal cyst".these are the type that form right where yours is.i don't know a whole lot about them,or just why they form, but if you just do some research using that word,i can guarentee you will find tons of info on them.

i know i have read about them here,on these boards too but cannot actually remeber what forum it is on,maybe the mens health board?? just try a search on these boards using the words pilonidal cyst and it will lead you to the threads here on them.just hit the "search" button just to the right and above,this will help you to search just these boards.good luck to you,FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2006, 01:59 PM   #3
(male)

DerDichter17 HB User

Thanks for the help, I think that you are probably right about that, and as far as I could tell from doing a little research, it looks like I have a mild case. Anyways, I'm still worried about it, and I want to know what I should do about it.

Old 10-25-2006, 04:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

the very first thing you need to do is have this evaluated by your doc.he will be able to tell you what your next step should be,if anything.i do know that these types of cysts will get much bigger and require an excision to remove them.i think that the longer you wait,the worse it will be when they have to remove it.from what i have read on these,they actually appear to kind of 'burrow down' into the underlying layers of the tissue.you would really be much better off getting this taken care of before it really gets deep.but you DO need to see your doc soon.these will NOT go away on their own from what i know of them.so the sooner the better ya know?i would really try and get into your docs as soon as possible for the eval.he can probably tell you,from some sort of testing,just how big this cyst actually is and what the course of treatment would be.good luck and please let me know how things go,K? FB

Old 11-18-2006, 04:40 AM   #5
(male)

mzahn HB Usermzahn HB User

I have been dealing with this for over 2 years and after about 5 doctors the last one finally knew what I have. If a Pilonidal cyst is what you have, it sounds like it might be at the start of it yet. When it gets infected the pain will be unbearable until it either bursts on its own or the doc lances it. I am scheduled for surgury this Tuesday. If it continues to bother I would suggest getting it looked at. It will not go away on its own.

Old 11-18-2006, 02:40 PM   #6
(female)

All-alone HB User

I have had several of these over the years all in the same place. One of my cysts grew and grew till it was 4 cm in diameter as I wouldn't go to the docs.

I had to have it lanced and removed and packed, please don't leave it like I did, the pain was agony.

Closed Thread