It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2006, 08:47 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User
How many cortisone injections can be given....

on the same day? Is it just one? I have some problems on different places on my feet and I believe based on my research that that is the nest step for both problems (same problem on tops of both feet and different problem in big toe joint). I was just wondering that if that is what they decide to do, will they do just one at a time making me come back to finish or will they do two or three at once?

Thanks!

Nancy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2006, 09:04 AM   #2
(female)

DixieDoodle HB User
Re: How many cortisone injections can be given....

I've had cortizone shots in my hands and I was told that a person could not have more than 4 shots in a year. I've had two shots at once so I dont think they limit how many you can have at one time. Ask your Doctor as he can advise you best.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2006, 06:17 PM   #3
(female)

jelovem HB User

I read an article today that said you could only have 3 shots within 6 months

Old 10-25-2006, 05:45 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

if you are talking about having the injections in the different places at the same time,they can do this for you.my rhuemy doc did this in my knee.he injected the cort directly into a bakers cyst i had behind my knee and also into about three seperate areas around the knee.is this what you are referring to?or are you wondering about how many actual times you can go back and have these done again?we just need to know exactly what you mean?thanks,FB

Old 10-25-2006, 09:00 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User

Thanks y'all for the replies. Yep, that is what I wanted to know, how many can be given at the same visit. I am thinking the treatment for what appears to be tendonitis in the tops of both feet and the stiff and painful toe joint is cortisone injections (I have already done the anit-inflamatories) and I was afraid that if they do this they might have to space them apart and make me come back over and over to complete it.

Nancy

Closed Thread