It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2006, 04:15 PM   #1
(male)

sultan77 HB User
Thrush

i need some help,

i had unprotected sex 6 years ago and never got tested. i did not have any protected or unprotected sex since then. i went to labcorp and got an elissa hiv test and it came back non reacitive hiv 1 and novreactive hiv 2 . this is 5 years after the incident. NOw my tongue is a bit white. i wen to 4 doctors who all gave me different diagnoses. one said it was acid reflux, one said maybe dehydration due to fasting long hours without water, one said thrush and one said it was a from taking antibiotics. i took penicilin, bioxin, and amoxicllin for a span of 1 month after not taking any anitbiotics for 4 years. but it has been 1 month since then. are hiv test accurate after 4 years, and is my anxiety causing me to have dry mouth or what. I am taking nyastatin for 4 days now with a bit of improvment but not much, i am also cleaning my tongue 5 times a day with a tongue scraper. can someone give me some good advice for my situation.

Old 07-08-2007, 11:25 AM   #2
(male)

jags81 HB User
Re: Thrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by sultan77 View Post
i need some help,

i had unprotected sex 6 years ago and never got tested. i did not have any protected or unprotected sex since then. i went to ******* and got an elissa hiv test and it came back non reacitive hiv 1 and novreactive hiv 2 . this is 5 years after the incident. NOw my tongue is a bit white. i wen to 4 doctors who all gave me different diagnoses. one said it was acid reflux, one said maybe dehydration due to fasting long hours without water, one said thrush and one said it was a from taking antibiotics. i took penicilin, bioxin, and amoxicllin for a span of 1 month after not taking any anitbiotics for 4 years. but it has been 1 month since then. are hiv test accurate after 4 years, and is my anxiety causing me to have dry mouth or what. I am taking nyastatin for 4 days now with a bit of improvment but not much, i am also cleaning my tongue 5 times a day with a tongue scraper. can someone give me some good advice for my situation.
hi, same here.Any luck so far....please let me know, how u got ride of ur white thing.Also iam having too much gas problem.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2007, 12:18 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User
Re: Thrush

Antibiotics can cause a yeast infection. You may need to do a round of probiotics. It will help balance the bacteria that is normally in your intestines. We need bacteria to help the body function properly but when antibiotics are use many people find they have a yeast infection. The meds kill the good bacteria and the bad bacteria runs amok.

There is lot of info out there on probiotics it's easy to do and results are very good. I am on Bactrim for 30 days 2 times a day and I started probiotics cause I was getting a yeast infection (same bacteria that causes mouth thrush). So far I have kept it away.

I build up of the bacteria can cause IBS, gas and many other problems.

Last edited by FromSqueaky; 07-08-2007 at 12:19 PM.

Closed Thread