It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2006, 05:27 AM   #1
(male)

Just The One HB User
Anal itch

I have had this problem for some time. The Doc gave me some Timodine cream and it cleared it up. But it just keeps coming back a few days later.

I thought that it may have been diet and changed that but it makes no change. I gave up drink for a while and there was no change. I don't smoke.

It is really bad at the moment and feels as though someone has just ripped a thorn bush between the cheeks of my *** when I wipe.

Can anyone help - or suggest something please.

Old 10-25-2006, 05:57 AM   #2
(female)

michmob HB User
Re: Anal itch

Could it be hemoroids, I had them when I was pregnant and the itch was unbearable or maybe thread worms. Its a very uncomfortable problem good luck I hope things get better soon.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2006, 06:20 AM   #3
(male)

Just The One HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmob
Could it be hemoroids, I had them when I was pregnant and the itch was unbearable or maybe thread worms. Its a very uncomfortable problem good luck I hope things get better soon.

Thanks for comment but I don't think it is. it is more like a sore. red and raw. not very nice really.

Old 10-25-2006, 10:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

How often and how long did you use the Timodine cream cream?

If it is a yeast infection it will take a long time to completely clear the infection and it not come back. Since it came back in 3 days then it was not cured, just calmed down and relieved the misery. Keep after the problem, using the cream as directed and for a longer period of time. It is not unusual to take 3 weeks or longer to clear a yeast infection. Yeast is normal in the intestines, causes problems when there are to much yeast in an area.

Eat yogurt with live enzymes, drink buttermilk, and check out acidolphus to help reduce amount of yeast in the intestines.

Misty
I am not a medical professional, speaking from experience only.

Old 11-01-2006, 07:38 PM   #5
(male)

Withquestion HB User
Question Re: Anal itch

its an itch and more of a burn for 20 mins or so after use. but it starts from the first point of exit. like a sharp poike of a needle when "it" first come out.

Been dilema between ignoring it or letting the physician know during the next phys.

rather get something to stop the burn and itch after wipe but don't want the "deluxe package" deal at the doctor's. i'd hate to have someone even just peeking. esp. if everything was actually ok an djust from cleaning to hard.

during a phys with a new doctor, would the question about bowel habits come up? if it does, debating if i can avoid the "extra mile" by not mentioning about it to hopefully avoid being checked.

answers would be great

Old 11-01-2006, 09:50 PM   #6
(male)

kmacdona HB User

You never mentioned how old you were. This is important when dealing with the colon. It could be, that one; you ate something like corn, peanuts or something that doesn't get totally digested. On the way out it scraped your rectum or two; when wiping you may have scratched the outside of your rectum. Enough that the skin tries to heal it self by scabbing over. This would cause intense itching in this area. Even minor scarring could occur possibly from a minor scrape from heavy tissue. Wipe with very very soft tissue. Eat a diet that it easily digestable. Stay away from foods that pass right through the intestines like corn, ruffage or peanuts etc. Drink plenty of water to flush your bowels.
Use Vaseline to keep the skin moist and to prevent it from scabbing over. If it's really painful, maybe a prep H cream could help relieve the itch and keep it moist until it heals.

What I think from your posts, is it got scraped, caused a very small tear or scratch. But the over wiping from tissue dried out the area, caused the redness and irritated it. Tissue does this. It will dry out that area very well keeping it from healing properly and causing it to scab becuase it's so dry. Thus, causing the itching.
But don't rule out hemroids. Which is anal bleeding. When you wipe if your not seeing blood on the tissue it may not be hemroids.
So, I would try a change in diet, vaseline and softer tissue and see if it improves in a week. If not, then definetly bring it up with your doc and have him take a look.
You don't have to be shy about it. That's part of life.

Last edited by kmacdona; 11-01-2006 at 09:53 PM.

Old 11-02-2006, 10:22 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Your stools might just be too hard so they scrape on the way out. Soften up your stools by making sure that you drink plenty of water every day and eat lots of fiber.

Old 03-04-2007, 12:28 PM   #8
(male)

john999 HB User

Does yeast in the intestines cause your stool to have a slippery/waxy feel at the anus opening ?

Closed Thread