It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2006, 04:02 AM   #1
(male)

cwjackson HB User
At wit's end, someone help me!!!!

For over a month now I have been having these strange symptoms. While standing or walking a short distance, I get light-headed and my legs go numb. The sensations stay with me all day long unless I sit or lie down. Sometimes I get extreme pressure in my head and feels like someone is stabbing me in the top of my head. Other times I get a very strong burning in the big veins in my left arm and leg. I have had a stress test and heart CAT done, both came back fine. No sinus or ear infections, my blood pressure stays pretty good 145/80. Doctors cannot pinpoint my problem. Someone out there shed some light for me. It stinks not being able to get out of the house to do anything. I'm open to any suggestions!!!

Old 11-14-2006, 05:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User
Re: At wit's end, someone help me!!!!

Get a referral to a neurologist.He can run test to get to the cause of the numbness and stabbing head pain.Talk to your GP about a brain MRI with and without contrast and a EMG/NCS to see if there is nerve conduction loss or even a MRI of the lumbar to see if theres a low back problem causing the numbness in your legs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread