It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2006, 07:40 AM   #1
(female)

kelly88 HB User
Feeling quite desparate

For almost 2 years now I've been getting trouble with my teeth and pain in my face. I've been to the dentists heaps of times and have been on so many antibiotics just can't keep up with what I've taken. My dentist said my wisdom teeth were impacted and would refer me to the hospital. But the bottom one on the right was driving me nuts so he took the molar out to give the tooth room to come through. It was fine for a few months, had no problems with having the tooth out or anything. But now the wisdom tooth is coming through at an angle and has been bothering me so much.

But for over a year now (from what I can remember, around the same time as the wisdom teeth problems started) I've been getting these weird pains in my head and face only on the right hand side. I've had such bad headaches that I've been too scared to move because it felt like it was going to explode. My friend said it seems like I'm getting migraines and haven't been bothered because I haven't had the headaches often. But I have had this weird sort of burning/ horrible ache constantly in the back of my head since the teeth problems started. I also have the same kind of pain around the tooth that's bothering me. When I eat sometimes I get this terrible sort of burning pain all down the side of my face that's so horrible it makes my eyes water. Also a few weeks ago I noticed just below my ear I have a small lump, maybe a bit bigger than a cm which I can feel if I press hard. I did some looking around on the net and read some stuff about swollen lymph nodes which can be caused through dental problems.

Anyway. For a few weeks my wisdom tooth has been driving me nuts. I've been to the dentists about 6 times in the last 2 months and have seen a new dentist because my dentist is away. All she does is bang my teeth with the end of the mirror and says it's fine, no problems. But there has to be something wrong, it's been hurting so badly. I went to see her last Friday and she gave me antibiotics and ibuprofen. But all weekend I've been in terrible pain and I've been throwing up on and off, my cheek is all numb, my eye feels funny and the back of my head/neck (can't work out which) feels stiff and achy. I haven't slept properly all week and spent the weekend trying to find a dentist who would just take the stupid tooth out. No luck. I saw my dentist today who did an x-ray again and said there's nothing on the x-ray that she can see that's causing me so much trouble. Then she said the pain must be coming from somewhere else other than my teeth. Now this has really worried me because of the other symptoms. She's now referred me to see some doctor at the hospital to work out where the pain is coming from. But I won't get to see someone for at least 20 weeks (I've already been referred to a dentist there before, about 6 months ago and I'm still waiting to see someone) so there's not much hope of getting it sorted any time soon.

I'm just really worried now and desparate to get rid of the pain. I'm so upset, it's driving me nuts because I can't sleep properly.

I'd really appreciate any help, any ideas what it could be or whatever. Don't know what to do now

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread