It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2006, 02:03 PM   #1
(male)

zel32 HB User
Chest Pains for the past few months, getting worse... what's wrong with me?

Hello,

Over the past few months I've been getting these chest pains and it seems to be getting worse. 85% of the time its on the left side of my chest but sometimes I feel the pain on the right side. Its not usually a sharp pain but a lesser pain. It seems to be related to this gas problem that started about the same time. At some point I realized when I burped up gas it would seem to relieve the pain most of the time or at least make it somewhat better.

This gas problem was getting worse and worse and I would be constantly "burping" hundreds of times a day. So I stopped drinking anything carbonated and the gas isn't as bad but its still not good. A lot of times after burping I will feel a rumble/gurgling on the bottom left side of my chest (seems like right above the stomach) and the pains will be stop/be a lot less.

I am a 21 year old male and I've never really had too many medical problems but this is making me really nervous that I have a serious condition. I was going to wait until this got better but it seems to only be getting worse. I am worried about a heart condition or something. I've tried gas-x and it didn't really seem to do much. I haven't been to a doctor in years, I couldn't one and couldn't get an appointment for a month from now. Should I go to a hospital and have them look at me? I feel like I need something done soon.

Thanks so much

zel

Old 11-28-2006, 09:03 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

adamace1 HB User
Re: Chest Pains for the past few months, getting worse... what's wrong with me?

Why does it take a month to see a doctor? I would find a new doctor, that will see you asap when ever you want. I will only see doctors that don't seem to busy unless i have to. And yes it does sound like gas if you get relief from burping. I have also had chest pain 27m here and i think mine was the muscles around my ribs when i lost weight it was very painfull. It's a good thing to get checked out though, you should see a gastroenterology doctor if you think it is related to you diet or gas, a normal doctor won't be able to truly help you in that area.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread