It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2006, 01:12 PM   #1
(female)

Jausbun HB User
Painful Red sores on abdomen

Woke up Monday morning (December4th) with a very itchy stomach. When I undressed for my shower, I noticed red bumps all over my abdomen. They had small whiteheads on them,almost like a pimple. They started bursting and scabbing over, and becamse very inflammed and extremely painful. It hurts to the poibt, that even my clothing touching them is painful. I went to the doctor yesterday, and he said he didn't know what they were, so they took blood, to run some tests and gave me a cream and 2 different types of steroid pills. When I picked up the pills from my pharmacy, the drug information says not to take if you are breastfeeding (which I am) and not to take if you are currently on anti deppressants, because of a chemical interaction (I am taking paxil) So obviously my doctor didn't look at my chart well enough. But I am still here in pain and wondering if anyone ahs expereinced something similar?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2006, 01:57 PM   #2

Julian HB User
Re: Painful Red sores on abdomen

I never have sorry but i have had problems with my skin. You could try a tea tree oil soothing gel by JASON. most healthfood stores and even some grocery stores carry it now. its good for skin irritations and is anti bacterial

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-07-2006, 02:02 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

sounds like it could be shingles.

Old 12-07-2006, 07:02 PM   #4
(female)

Jausbun HB User

My son who is 8 months old had to go to the doctor on Tuesday because he had a dime sized purple bubble on the palm of his hand. They tested it, and called me back today. It turns out he has a MRSA Staph infection, and apparently it is very contagious. So.... lucky me, I have it too. Well it is very painful and I hope the antibiotics help very soon! The worst part is that everyone in the house has to be on antibiotics for it because it is extremely contagious. So my 3 year old and my husband have to be on it as well. What a pain!

Old 12-08-2006, 03:47 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

jausbun---oh my heart goes out to you. back in the summer my daughter had a small boil within 48 hours it was the size of a walnut. PCP lanced it and sent a culture out. with 2 days the results were MRSA. now of course she is older . ended up in a infectious disease DR. office who put on yet another antibiotic and somethingto put under her fingernails, her underarms and a mout rinse. he also did a sinus culture becasue that's where it hides sometimes. her husband and 2 childre were both tested and all was well with them.she was told never to use a towel,pj's sheets or anything else until the would totally healed. what a scary situation you are in. use surgical gloves while changing any bandages and throw them out seperately in a sealed bag. it's nothing to play with as i;m sure you already know. it took my daughter 4 months to be well and we were all just so happy that she found it in time and was treated promptly. infetious disease dr. told her it could come back in 6 months so she's very alert with herself and family with the hand washing and charing anything personal.please keep me posted on what's going on. wishing you the best

ICC

Old 12-08-2006, 01:40 PM   #6
(female)

Jausbun HB User

ICC~ Thank you so much for the info. I am some what confused because there is a lot of contradicting information I have found online. Some sites say that you should use a towel or blanket only once and then wash it. While others say it is not likely transmitted through clothing towels, or blankets. What about sheets? Well I am trying very hard to be as cautious as possible so that my husband and my 3 year old son don't get it. I have it in my hair follicles on my stomach, there are several boils, some very inflammed and other's slighty raised. The antibiotics seem to have helped a little with the inflammation, but the pain can be unbearable at times. I really hope it will go away soon, and I hope that it won't take as long as your daughter's took to heal, ugghh! I am completely stumped as to where we picked it up at though, I am a stay at home mom and we really only go to the grocery store or my mother's house...Maybe a shopping cart? Well Sorry I'm kind of rambling, you are the first person that I have talked to that has had experience with this nast bug! haha thanks again

Old 12-24-2006, 12:50 PM   #7
(male)

Ineedmykids HB User

I know the feeling with the red pimple-like bumps on your abdomen. I have them myself as well as on my sides. I've been trying different acne medications on it and the treatments of salasylic acid have been very limited. I have no clue how they stared, or even when. I work hard at building houses, and occasionally would get a pimple on my abdomen, but nothing like this. These only bleed when I scratch the heads off, and are very sensitive like you said. I wish I knew what to do to get rid of them.

Closed Thread