It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2006, 02:36 PM   #1
(male)

p74w595 HB User
tiny red dots on skin?

Hello,

I have had these tiny red dots on my arms for about a year or so. They look like blood underneath the skin. They do not hurt, burn, itch and are not raised off of my skin. They are not in patches they are just skattered here and there. They kind of look like tiny freckles but they are red. When I put pressure on them they turn white or disappear. Some of them are the size of a red marker tip and some of them are the size of a needle point. If someone could please shed some light on what these are I would appreciate it. I am a very healthy person.

Thank you

Old 12-26-2006, 04:21 PM   #2
(female)

Mariley HB User
Re: tiny red dots on skin?

Pleas get checked for (possible) cancer. My mom just passed away from ovarian cancer. I have been living out of the area and when I saw her in the hospital I noticed many red dots on her skin. I am not sure if this condition is related to her cancer but I do not recall her having them before.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2006, 04:31 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

look up info on nevis or angiomas.these are just very tiny breaks in the cappilaries.there are the learger forms but that is not what you have.i do however have vascular malformations which is the lerger form of the cavernous angioma,but along with that,i too have the tiny little "dots" all over my abdominal area too.i don't know whay these form,but they just do.the only time i would really have any concern is if this were to show up on the face.my son had a very large one that was surrounded by very very tiny cappilaries or spider vein looking things that were reddish in colr?this was on his upper cheek and was a sign of portal hypertension within his liver.but this is not the same thing as you are speaking of.try looking up what i mentioned.this may help to explain what it is you are seeing.like i said,in most cases,when these are located somewhere else other than the face,they are just little rd dots that really pose no major health threat to you.but if you happen to be having other symptoms along with the appearance of these,it wouldn't hurt to just see your doc for some routind bloodwork just to be sure.but the majority of these are just something that people will get from time to time.i have two on my ankle along with like four along various spots on the thorasic area and abdominal.

marilyn,the "dots" that you saw on your mother when she was dying are probably a different type of dots.its called skin "mottling" my father inlaw showed these as well when he was dying.this is caused as the periphery starts to shut down leaving those very noticable and expected little dots behind.it is kind of part of the dying process.while i cannot say with 100 percent certainty only because i have not seen them,i am willing to bet that this is actually what you were seeing on your mothers skin.so sorry for your loss.just look up skin mottling.this can happen in people as well who have a reduced bloodflow to the extremities.FB

Old 12-28-2006, 12:19 AM   #4
(female)

DaisyMaisy HB User

I'm pretty sure I know what you are talking about. I have them too. I don't know exactly what they are but if you've had them for a year with no problems then they probably aren't cancer. I've had them all my life. I'm thinking of asking my doctor on my next visit in a couple of weeks just to find out for sure what they are called. Don't worry though, they won't hurt you.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:41 AM   #5
(male)

p74w595 HB User

Hey,

Thanks for all the replies, it has been very helpful. I looked up these and cancer and my spots are totally different then the spots you would get from skin cancer or other types of cancer.

thanks again.

Closed Thread