It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2007, 09:24 PM   #1
(male)

profane HB User
Excessive Urination Problem

Hi, I'm new here, nice to meet you all. Down to business though, the other day after I had some Starbucks I REALLY needed to Urinate, I had to go so bad it hurt and it usually never hurts. But I had to wait 15min. before I could actually go (was driving with a friend) and after I went, I felt really good as usual. But, after about 20min I had to pee yet again and then like an hour after that I had to go AGAIN and I ended up going 6 times in an hour and a half. I really didn't think too much of it though. The next day it continued and is still present, it's been about 4 days now and it won't stop, I haven't touched caffeine since that day either.

I've done some reading and Diabetes was the closest I could relate too, though I don't have excessive thirst urges AT ALL, I can go a while without drinking anything like normal, but I do have like bubbling feelings in my groan area and I'm a little more tired than usual, tingling sensation on the left side of my head and SOMETIMES blurred vision but nothing severe. I haven't been to the doctor's yet so I thought I could ask you guys and see what you all thought.

EDIT: Sorry I had forgot to mention that I've also been VERY sexually active within the 4 days aswell.

Last edited by profane; 01-15-2007 at 09:33 PM.

Old 01-15-2007, 09:55 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

viccles HB User
Re: Excessive Urination Problem

I'm not a doctor but sounds like a urinary tract infection to me. I could be wrong.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2007, 05:04 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

while it could possibly be a UTI,i am thinking more of an actual kidney issue itself really.the excessive urination and the blurred vision are what really sent up a red flag for this possibility.i do have a form of kidney disease as well.this could be any number of possible kidney issues though so the very first thing you should really do is just make an appt with your primary doc for some bloodwork on your kidneys.believe me,they can tell alot about how your kidney function is just by a simple blood test.they would also most likely want to do a urine culture to rule out the UTI possibility too.but you really should see your doc whenever you have any sort of big change in your normal urine and bowel habits.better safe than sorry.

just to really be sure on the kidney thing tho,you may also want to obtain an ultrasound,even if that bloodwork comes up normal?the one thing that i have found out about any kidney disease is that while there could actually be something that is actually affecting the kidneys(like with my polycystic kidney disease?) tho this disease process is actually going on in the kidneys,that damage wont show up in the bloodwork until the actual level of damage reaches some 'magic' point or level.my kidneys look horible upon ultrasound but amazingly,as of early dec,no changes have actually occured yet in my lab work.strange but true.BUT,one of the first indicators of any kidney problems is a showing of some level of protien in the urine.this is usually showing way before any actual lab changes will take place.they normally do whats called a 'urine dip"?this will just show whether or not you have any microscopic blood or protien in your urine.this test alone will probably tell you whether or not something is really up in your kidneys.just make that appt,your doc will know exactly what to do with regards to all of these kidney tests.if nothing shows up on any of this stuff,its pretty safe to assume your actual kidneys and their functions are all okay.

you just want to get this checked out though as your symptoms could indicate a possible problem there.you need to know for sure.hope all goes well with the tests.please let me know just what you find out,K? FB

Old 01-18-2007, 08:34 PM   #4
(male)

profane HB User

well, i went to the ER and found out theres a possibility i have chlamydia or gonareah, i had a urine test which came back fine and a blood sugar test which came back fine aswell and so they just diagnosed me with urethritis for now and ill get the second test results back in a few days, they already had given me a shot and some pills incase i do have either of those and that way i already have the medicine inside me. I was extremely shocked when they had told me that, i seriously never thought id happen to me but it did and ive learned my lesson and for now on my modo is "no rubber, no sex".

Old 01-19-2007, 07:17 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

Did they ever actually do any bloodwork on your kidneys or just the urine tests alone?if they didn't,ou really do need to have the lab work done.did they at least do a urine dip to find out whether or not any protien showed up in your urine?this would probably be the very first indication of any sort of kidney malfunction.just wondering,FB

Old 01-20-2007, 07:38 PM   #6
(male)

profane HB User

no, the only blood work they done was to test the blood sugar and they took 2 urine tests, they said the second one will take a couple days and ill hear from them if anything bad comes up. but ill tell you what, i have to have some sort of bladder infection or something cause im still urinating quite a bit, i dont really have the spasms or anything like that no more but ever since that day ive been having diarrhea so i dont know. if i keep urinating like this for another week im going back, cause its just down right annoying.

Closed Thread