It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2007, 04:15 PM   #1
(female)

LostOne27 HB User
Unhappy why do I feel so lazy and inadequate?

I recently figured out that I have been extremely lazy and a bit cranky but I think it may stem from an overall feeling of inadequacy. I recently discovered what I want out of life and some concrete goals I want to achieve..but no matter what I do or dont do for that matter I cant seem to shake off being lazy and the few times Im not lazy I still feel my efforts are inadequate. I have the motivation just not the energy and my will power is weaker than I thought. Whats going on with me? Is it just me or is there an underlying factor im missing?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2007, 01:04 AM   #2
(female)

jgirl234 HB User
Re: why do I feel so lazy and inadequate?

Maybe you are depressed?

You should also have your blood check to see if you are anemic.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2007, 11:42 PM   #3
(female)

NeverGiveUp07 HB User

I have a friend who felt like that and she found out it was her thyroid gland that was causing it. Maybe you can get that checked out.
"A happy heart is good medicine and a cheerful mind works healing." Proverbs 17:22

Old 03-29-2007, 03:18 PM   #4
(female)

scoobylou22 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostOne27 View Post
I recently figured out that I have been extremely lazy and a bit cranky but I think it may stem from an overall feeling of inadequacy. I recently discovered what I want out of life and some concrete goals I want to achieve..but no matter what I do or dont do for that matter I cant seem to shake off being lazy and the few times Im not lazy I still feel my efforts are inadequate. I have the motivation just not the energy and my will power is weaker than I thought. Whats going on with me? Is it just me or is there an underlying factor im missing?
Hi lost one,
i know how you feel! i have always felt like that, im stuck in a really boring job that i hate and i contantly feel like im trapped doing the same thing because im not good enough to do anything else! I know what i want to do with my life but there just seems to be so many things pulling me back i just can't be bothered!

I think it is depression really maybe in a mild form! i have recently taken up yoga wich i am really enjoying (im not saying you should) but its just the getting out the house and doing something, meeting new people! i have started to feel better in myself because its something to look forward to each week! Maybe you could find a hobby or an interest too? it can be anything maybe even a college course of something. Who knows you might even find something your really good at!

Noboby expects you to change your life all in one go just start off with small changes and deal with one thing at a time good luck

Old 03-29-2007, 06:08 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

wholegrain HB User

Wow...I know EXACTLY how you feel.

Old 03-29-2007, 07:34 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Jenteal HB User

Maybe the so called depression is stemming from the fear of actually "making" a change in your life for the better. Being scared to make a change can hinder you and cause emotional stress for not making a step for what you really want.
Life is way to short to be stuck in a job that is not making you happy. The majority of people work to live. I choose to live and work at a job that makes me happy but I made way more less money than the jon that I gave up. It's taken 4 years for me to make what I was making before but I am so much happier and less stressed.

You have to make a decision to either accept the way things are and live with it. If you do then you can not complain about your circumstances because it was "YOUR" choice. Or decide to take step out of your comfort zone and take a chance at bettering your life. Only you are responsible for your way life.

Jenteal

Old 03-29-2007, 09:28 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Red Maple HB UserRed Maple HB User

Don't ignore the possibility that you have a physical problem that is causing your lack of energy. See your doctor. The suggestion that it could be your thyroid is a very real possibility. Fatigue, lack of energy, "brain fog", and depression are some of the most common symptoms of hypothyroidism. A simple daily dose of prescription thyroid hormone could have you back to feeling like your old self very soon. Again, see your doctor, and get it checked out.

Closed Thread