It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2007, 08:20 PM   #1
(female)

tsmith63020 HB User
DESPERATE! Please help if you can...

Hi there-
First of all, I apologize for my post, as I know there are probably several like mine. Second, I am desperate for answers. Truly, honestly desperate.
I am a 25 year old female, who has been having ongoing symptoms for the past four years. This past year, however, is a different entity entirely...I am at the point where I really doubt I'll be alive if this keeps up- I know that sounds rash, but I am at my wits end...

I hope none of you think I am nuts when I list my symptoms. I realize that they are diverse, and ***arre...I know a lot of people say it, and while I will admit to anxiety issues, there is no way this can all be "in my head."

My symptoms:

* Dizziness- Even if I turn my head, everything spins. I always feel light-headed, and sometimes almost disoriented. (CT scan in fall, seemed fine. Went to Neuro who gave me Paxil, lol)

* Hands and feet- Constantly cold. If I am in the bath and my feet hit the hot water, my toes go completely numb.

* Stomach Heck- Cold sweats with severe urgency to go to bathroom. Constant pain, rumbling...Blood in stool twice, although believed to be caused by antibiotics (more on that later) Colonoscopy in September showed nothing. STRONG family history of upper digestive issues...

* Constant pain in shoulder blades mid back...Been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, but don't believe it could cause this stabbing pain. It feels like it is in my ribcage, like a pressure, then radiates to my mid back. Gallbladder removed July of 2000. Constant pressure feeling in the ribs, usually the right side, but sometimes in the left side as well.

* Shaky feeling all the time- I wake up and feel shaky. My heart beats crazy fast. I have MVP, and have an arrythmia (sp?) of some sort, although cardio didn't seem concerned. Stress test in July seemed fine. I have palpitations all the time, very bothersome. Very fast pulse. My pupils in my eyes dialate anytime this happens.

* WEIRD blood pressure- Usually extremely low (Drs have jokingly asked if I am breathing) however, last night it was 157/90!!! It seems to fluctuate constantly.

* Stabbing headaches in temples and back of head. Sometimes hurts my eyes, but not migraines. These started 6m ago, and have not stopped.

* Blood in urine. (Microscopic) Been there over a year, had cystoscopy in September, seemed fine. Flank pain present. Abdominal CT scan in September, seemed fine. Flank pain ever since.

* So tired I can literally barely move. I am not kidding on this one- It doesn't matter how much sleep I get or don't get, I am so wiped out I can barely stand it anymore.

* My skin gets clammy with ANY physical activity. I am short of breath 24/7...Diagnosed with asthma as a child- but this is not anything like asthma.

* Fever that comes and goes. Usually low grade. I run fever at least twice a week..

* General feeling of being "unwell" I am sick ALL the time. This is causing problems in my marriage. My husband doesn't understand, however, I can't blame him.

That's not even all of it, but I am sure you all don't want to read all night.

To note...I have been tested for Lupus, and other auto-immune illness twice this year, negative. Colonoscopy and cystoscopy, negative. Kidney, thyroid, and liver functions...all seemed fine. CT scan of brain, fine. CT and ultrasound of lower abdominal, fine...

What scares me is that I have been on 17 antibiotics since March...I've switched Dr's over this, and my new one just dishes them out... I am so tired of being on them!

I am sorry for my long post, I am just so desperate. I can barely stand this much longer. You begin to have "bad" thoughts when you can't seem to get well...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2007, 06:25 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

music12 HB User
Re: DESPERATE! Please help if you can...

Visit the Chronic Fatigue and Lyme boards here.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

hit the spinal boards too,i can answer you there,i think this may somehow be related to your sympathetic/para sympathetic nervous system.if you just look up info on the symp and para symp,you will see just what it actually governs as far as body system functions.i really do think this could be a possibility for you too.everything you mentioned is pretty much governed by the autonomic systems,the symp and its antagonist,para symp.

also,go to the very top medical board on this site?the one right at the very very top. and look at a thread there called autonomic dysfunction or something like that.someone there has alot of the very same symptoms you have.this is what i was going to mention to you.it is by 'rachelpass"?please read thru this.it will help,i am sure.FB

Last edited by feelbad; 01-31-2007 at 07:20 AM. Reason: ran across valuable info

Old 02-01-2007, 04:46 AM   #4
(female)

DX- HB User

TSmith,

It's possible you've got more than one issue you're dealing with -- and the symptoms are getting mixed together and therefore you can't get a decent diagnosis. We aren't medical professionals here -- we can only help you work with your doctors.

Do you have one health professional who can help you track everything? And advocate -- someone who can be more objective and can help you organize all this information? For example -- it sounds like you've had a handful of tests for different diseases -- well maybe they didn't result in a diagnosis for that disease-- BUT -- their results could help lead to something else if you have a neutral party looking at them.

Also -- look at putting symptoms together as they relate to body systems -- for example -- your dizziness could be related to the numbness in your feet. They could be neuro related. OR -- the shakiness, tiredness, etc -- they could all be endocrine related (thyroid, diabetes, ??) Then ask someone with a medical background to help you figure out what direction to turn next.

Those are some things to try.... keep us posted and good luck to you.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:00 AM   #5
(female)

Josephine HB User

Hi tsmith63020.
I just read your message.
Sounds like you have been thur alot sorry to here that.
Have you been tested for diabetes?
Some of the symptoms for Diabetes are.
(1) Shaking
(2)Fast HeartBeat
(3)Sweating
(4)Anxious
(5)Dizziness
(6)Hunger
(7)Imparired Vison
(8)Weakness, Fatigue
(9) Headache
(10)Irritable
This for Hypoglycemia
Low Blood Sugar.
Now for Hyperglycemia the Symptoms are.

(1) Extream Thrist.
(2) Frequent Urination.
(3)Dry Skin.
(4)Hunger.
(5)Blurred Vison.
(6)Drowsiness.
(7)Nausea.

I hope this can help you.

Old 02-22-2007, 04:12 PM   #6
(female)

u2star HB User

Have you been tested for dysautonomia? Contact your Dr. or Mayo Clinic. I went up there and had many of your symptoms. was tested for dysautonomia.

Closed Thread