It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2007, 01:26 PM   #1
(female)

lizspain HB User
undiagnosed illness

please help me for the past 4 years i have had severe pain in my legs and swelling of my fingers just under the joints. it is always worse when the sun is out.its weird as i used to be a sunbather, now cant bear to go out. difficult as i live in spain. doctors tried many anti inflamation medicine, until finally putting me on cortizon. the results were i gained 20kgs but had no pain now i am weaned off the cortizon but still have huge stomach. i have not taken cortizon since september. i eat normally and show no signs of losing weight and my fingers and ankles are now starting to swell again. the pain is horrible. i have a very high threshold of pain but the pain is like having toothache all over. has anyone had these symptoms and how long will it take until i start to lose this stomach and swollen neck please help i feel really depressed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2007, 06:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User
Re: undiagnosed illness

dear lizspain,
you sound like you have a form of arthritis. there are autoimmune illnessess to that can cause your symtoms. do you get a rash when you lay out in the sun? lupus comes to mind. I'm assuming you've had all the blood tests performed to test for antibodies?
arthritis can effect the joints thru out the body but the fingers are a common area for a certain type of it and swelling happens to be one of the stymtoms that go along with the pain.
so the dr is saying you don't have arthritis?
photosensitivity which is the sun can make your illness worst and so can stress. keep looking for a dr that will help find out what your diagnosis is. somtimes a disease can go undetected for quite a while. you just have to be determined and keep pushing till you get an answer.
and dont' let them tell you it's all in your mind just because you're a woman. they tend to do that when they can't find an answer.
good luck and I wish you well.
sincerely,
Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread