It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2007, 12:12 AM   #1
(female)

crystal8955 HB User
My mole fell off on its own- why?

I have this small dark brown mole on my stomach- about a year ago when I was on vacation in hawaii it started to raise and look a little blistered up with a little bit of redness around it. It turned purple and then a few days later got really dry and fell off on its own. There was no color underneath it but then it came back soon after and has seemed to be a normal mole again. What happened???

Old 03-20-2007, 11:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: My mole fell off on its own- why?

Maybe too much on the mole caused it to dry and fall off but the actual live roots of the mole were still in your skin. Just a wild guess.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2007, 02:18 PM   #3
(female)

maryann21 HB User

i dont know why it fell off. i had a mole under my armpit in jr high/ high school. about 4 years ago mine fell off. did you have any shots prior to going to hawaii?? i had shots so maybe that could've been it for me anyway.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:18 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User

Crystal,
The main rule I know about moles is that the healthy ones don't/shouldn't change in color, size or in any other ways. That being said, please don't think I am trying to scare you. But, to be on the safe side, you should make a visit to your dermatologist. You actually should be in the habit of seeing your derm once a year for a quick whole body skin exam. There is nothing to it. If there are any suspicious moles, your doc will remove it and biopsy it. I sort of look at the annual visit with a derm as as necessary as the annual OB-GYN visit.

I hope I didn't scare you but, fear can be the best motivator and you really should go get it checked out. Better safe than sorry!

Old 04-07-2007, 09:44 PM   #5
(female)

crystal8955 HB User

Nope, I dind't have any shots before I left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryann21 View Post
i dont know why it fell off. i had a mole under my armpit in jr high/ high school. about 4 years ago mine fell off. did you have any shots prior to going to hawaii?? i had shots so maybe that could've been it for me anyway.

Old 04-07-2007, 10:22 PM   #6
(female)

crystal8955 HB User

Thanks for the info! Someday when I can afford insurance I'll go get it checked out I dont remember if I listed this in my original description but I noticed I have two other small moles, also flat dark brown ones that are new right around the original mole...I didn't notice when they appeared but they have been there for a while...I just dont remember haivng them years back. All three moles look perfectly fine and haven't done anything weird since that one time a year ago... so I dont know!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hating glasses View Post
Crystal,
The main rule I know about moles is that the healthy ones don't/shouldn't change in color, size or in any other ways. That being said, please don't think I am trying to scare you. But, to be on the safe side, you should make a visit to your dermatologist. You actually should be in the habit of seeing your derm once a year for a quick whole body skin exam. There is nothing to it. If there are any suspicious moles, your doc will remove it and biopsy it. I sort of look at the annual visit with a derm as as necessary as the annual OB-GYN visit.

I hope I didn't scare you but, fear can be the best motivator and you really should go get it checked out. Better safe than sorry!

Closed Thread