It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2007, 07:50 AM   #1
(male)

gorky5 HB User
i have burning sensation, please help

hi everyone,
for the last 6 months or so i have been experiencing a mild discomfort on the left side of my back, on the side. this has gradually gotten worse until over the last few days where it has become quite uncomfortable. i now have a sort of burning sensation in my groin(left) and in my left testicle. i have also been experiencing some tingling sensation in my left leg and foot.
i don't know what this is and would be very grateful to hear your opinions,
thanks, gorky5

Old 06-02-2007, 08:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: i have burning sensation, please help

whatever the actual trigger is here, what you are describing really sounds to be 'neuropathic' in nature.this just means the actual generator of all this is most likely stemming from a 'nerve' issue somewhere,most likely the spine.

from the far apart issues you are describing,a good place to start actually looking for this would be the c spine area with an MRI.if nothing shows,work your way down the spine area,or just have a full spinal MRI that could present more than one issue within the column somewhere.it would not be unusual for a person to actually have more than one level of some kind of spinal issue like herniation going on.but on the other hand,the symptoms you are describing 'could' possibly be stemming from an issue just at the c spine level alone.the whole column just really needs some evaluation.its the most 'likely" cause but not by far,the only one.i mention having the whole column done at one time just becasue it would be cheaper for you in the long run otherwise you would be sent for 'seperate" MRIs along the way if nothing is found up in the c spine area,thats all.whether or not you have the whole thing done,you really must get that c spine looked into.

i just happen to have some level of the very same symptoms you are describing,and more trust me.and all of mine stem from damage at the c 8 nerve level up within my cord area up there.i am willing to bet that if you do indeed have some level of spinal involvement it is most likely in the lower c spine area too,just based on your symptomology alone.i would bring this all to the attention of your primary doc who can then order you an MRI.this really would be the very best place to start considering the symptoms.whatever is or is not found would determine the next step.just get that area evaluated.

please keep me posted on just what you find out,K? good luck,FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2007, 05:41 AM   #3
(male)

ken_t HB User
Re: i have burning sensation, please help

hi gorky,

i think that the advice that feelbad gave is pretty good, but i think the problems you describe could be attributed to other things. to me it sounds like you could have an inguinal hernia, but im not sure. it could also be a form of athritis. i'm not a doctor though, and it seems obvious that you need more opinions.

can anyone else help?

clive

Closed Thread