It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
(female)

madam50 HB User
Knee injury and now foot ankle swollen red hot

I fell 9 days ago and my knee has been very tender. Bruising on both sides of knee started to show about 3 - 4 days after my fall. Today my ankle and foot started to swell - bruising showing on low ankle to arch area of foot. Now my lower leg and ankle is turning red and hot. Just wondering if this may be a blood clot?

The Following User Says Thank You to madam50 For This Useful Post:
joemichael (03-03-2012)
Old 06-02-2007, 07:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: Knee injury and now foot ankle swollen red hot

Hi madam. It is possible it could be a blood clot, these are symptoms. Please go to the ER immediately.

Let us know what they advise okay?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2007, 10:29 AM   #3
(female)

madam50 HB User

Went to the ortho dr this am - he says I have a superficial blood clot. A lot of the ankle swelling and bruising is coming from the knee injury - just draining down. I'm now wearing compression hose (T.E.D.) and elevating the foot. I also broke my shoulder and tore the rotator cuff in this fall and am having surgery in 2 days - hope this is the last of it.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:37 AM   #4
(female)

swayball HB User

Hi Madam. I just found your post in a search on ankle swelling. I too have a knee injury and my ankle has been very swollen for a few weeks. had ultrasound a few weeks ago to check for clot - none found. My foot actually hurts from the swelling. As if the knee pain isn't enough right? Funny thing is I also have a torn rotator cuff! All from auto accident. I'm hanging in there with ya. My other ankle is a bit swollen too as that leg has sciatic pain and maybe is also strained from favoring it.

Old 06-22-2007, 08:30 PM   #5
(female)

madam50 HB User

Hi,
Had my shoulder repaired 2 weeks ago - screws to put the bone back together, rotator cuff repair and a tendon repair - he also cleaned out some spurs. I should be moving around like a 20 year old now! Still very sore, but seeing some improvement every day. The ankle swelling and bruising is now gone, but the bruising from the shoulder contines to move down my arm. They say warm compresses will help absorb that old blood into the tissues, etc. Anyway, finally on the mend - hope you are too.

Closed Thread