It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2007, 02:53 PM   #1
(female)

ladylike2001 HB User
Fractured ribs/swollen abdomen

I fractured some ribs one month ago while coughing violently, not healed yet but definitely healing slowly. Shortly after this happened, I noticed that my abdomen & stomach seemed to be swollen (not painful) and it seems to be getting more swollen as the days go by (only very stretchy pants can be worn now). I've just started a new job and will not have health insurance for 6 more weeks, so am trying to avoid seeing a doctor until then. Has this ever happened to anyone else? I feel fine except for the way I'm swelling up and running out of things to wear to work plus still some tender sensations at the site of the rib fractures (left side). Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
feeling of pressure in my right abdomen under my ribs jamesv16 Liver & Pancreas Disorders 12 11-07-2010 11:36 AM
Abnormal Left Bottom Ribs, Painless Swollen/Lump qwertywun General Health 9 12-16-2009 06:49 AM
Under left ribs in back pain/weight loss/fevers/left shoulder pain/fatigue hukleberrie General Health 15 12-14-2007 06:08 AM
soft swollen chest ribs Tonym81 Cancer 0 10-09-2007 09:21 PM
Swollen Ribs angiecbc General Health 0 06-24-2006 09:04 AM