It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2007, 12:27 PM   #1
(female)

LovelyOne HB User
Ovarian cyst, gallstones, fatty liver, choleithiasis, and larger left kidney........

I just got back from the dr and to add to my problem of my ovarian cyst, high cholesterol, leg pains, leg swelling, chest pains I now find out I have gallbladder stones, something called choleithasis, my left kidney is larger than my right, and fatty infiltration of the liver. Can someone tell me what choleithasis is? How serious gallbladder stones are? Is fatty infiltration of the liver just fat on the liver?

Findings: The liver is increased in echotexture consistent with fatty infiltration. The common bile duct measures 4mm. The pancrease is unremarkable, although, the tail could not be visualized due to overlying bowel gas. There are stones in the gallbladder. There is no gallbladder wall thickening or pericholecystic fluid. The spleen is normal in size. The right kidney measures 12.9 while the left kidney measures 13.6 cm in length. There is no hydroonephirosis or evidence of stone.

Impression:
Fatty infiltration of the liver.
Cholelithiasis

NOW IM FREAKED OUT because I knew something was wrong with my body which the crappy ER could not find and now I am angry, sad, and scared. Can someone help me because I don't know if the findings mean I have a tumor, kidney failure, will have cirrhosis of the liver and have no clue *** Choleithiasis is.

If you want to know history look at previous posts. Does this report tell me why I have chest pains, left arm pain, high cholesterol, elevated liver enzymes, RDW is high, protein in urine, why I have'nt had my period, why I have higher systolic pressure and lower diastolic pressure?? Cause I am pretty sure enlarged kidney protein in urine is kidney failure. I didn't have blood in my urine last time which is good I guess but then now I have protein in urine.

The following user gives a hug of support to LovelyOne:
moorescrossing (06-03-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

hillaryb HB User
Re: Ovarian cyst, gallstones, fatty liver, choleithiasis, and larger left kidney.....

I checked some of your old posts and you are very young to have all these horrible problems. You also mentioned you are significantly overweight (obese) and you smoke a pack a day and lead a very sedentary lifestyle. I think if you want the root cause to the majority of your health problems then those are the main 3 factors. Has your doctor talked with you about improving your lifestyle to possibly save your life? Because you are facing some very serious health problems. Fatty liver is a common problem if you are significantly overweight.

I'm not trying to sound judgmental (I hope you aren't offended) but I am very concerned. You are looking at each individual health problem that you have-it would be better to consider it all to be related-you're killing yourself. I don't mean to sound harsh but if you're doctor isn't being frank with you, then SOMEONE needs to be. You are far to young to have to suffer this much...

Old 06-08-2007, 02:00 PM   #3
(female)

LovelyOne HB User
Re: Ovarian cyst, gallstones, fatty liver, choleithiasis, and larger left kidney.....

I don't smoke anymore, I have changed my lifestyle from eating fast foods, fried foods and LARGE quantities to eating vegetarian/vegan style. I am on a low carb, NO sugars, no sodas, no fried foods, no red meat poultry etc, a tiny bit of fish every now and then, only egg whites every now and then, fat free cheese or soy cheese so basically I am on a healthy diet, I don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs, I do not exercise at this time but it isn't because i don't want to its that my body is in pain and along with my right leg hurting this much I can barely walk...im not super obese like 400lbs I am obese though.

I am not one bit offended I KNOW that I got myself into this stuff, if I would have known the different medical problems being overweight causes, I would have done things a lot differently. This is what I get for eating a lot I guess, and not having a mother or father to cook for me, I was bought fast food as my father took care of my sister and I, and I had no means to make money because I was 6. :\ As I said though, if I would have known what I know now or was at a old enough age to comprehend it, then i wouldnt have gone the way I did. At the age of 4 my mother gave me dexitrim pills beacuse I was gaining weight fast and there was no medical reason that they found. I'm going off here ha, sorry...anyway...

I have made life changes, I have been exercising (well up until i got this leg problem going on), and I do not cheat on my new diet. At the age of 18 I was told I had high BP and the liver of a chronic drunk, a year after that tests redone and I was taken off the BP meds and my liver was completely normal. From the age of 19 until Jan-Feb of this year... I was fine as far as CBC's go, BP, cholesterol, etc. I was about 50 pounds or so heavier than I am now. All these problems just caught up to me because of my weight it all came on like at once. I went to the ER because I felt like I was going to pass out, they found out my blood sugar was in the 300's (had NEVER been that high) high bp that night and I was dehydrated. Then right after they did the CT dye chest scan I got a full body rash and now my liver enzymes are elevated (2 years ago they started elevating so that's when i got the fatty liver i guess) along with blood in my urine and what was thought to be kidney stones (because of the classic symptoms I was having) come to find out it wasn't a kidney stone...it was an ovarian cyst. So more blood tests I now have elevated liver enzymes, high RDW, and no blood in the urine just protein in the urine now. So this all happened within a 5-6 month period.

Thank u for ur response trust me when I say it's very much appreciated, I got fat because I ate too much and was lazy and didn't do crap about it.

Old 06-08-2007, 02:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

hillaryb HB User

I was worried you would get mad at me or defensive-good for you for the changes you have made!!!

I really feel for you, after reading your posts it sounds like you've been totally miserable for a long time. I know I can't really help you but I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and hoping for the best. Take care of yourself. Let me know if you find out anything else.

Old 06-08-2007, 02:23 PM   #5
(female)

LovelyOne HB User

Will do hill I don't get angry easy and I take no offense to someone telling the TRUTH. I thank you for your honesty and truth be told that if I were told by ANY doctor that one day if I ate the way I did that I could have all these problems! Up until about 3 or so years ago I rarely went to the dr's and never did any self research now I do because no one had diagnosed me and I have been having all these problems for sometime now. Thanks again.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:02 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

hillaryb HB User

Dont forget to bump the thread or post a new one as things progress. I want to know what the docs have to say. I'm impressed with your attitude and you deserve to be happy and healthy. I want to see you get your life back and feel good. I know what it's like to be young and sick, and it really stinks. Bad habits or not, whatever got you to this point, you deserve to feel better. Please don't forget to keep me posted...

Old 06-12-2007, 08:45 PM   #7
(female)

LovelyOne HB User

I didn't get to see my regular doctor which bummed me out. I had to see this idiot of a doctor who didn't answer my questions, didn't listen to me, and just didn't care which ****** me off. I just deleted this long rant and figured it's not worth it. Bottom line is the dr said a gallbladder CANNOT burst and that I am thinking of an appendix which I KNOW a gallbladder can burst because I just found out it happened to my ex bf.

Basically I left with I will not get surgery to remove my gallbladder although I am having HORRIBLE pains, my leg might have a blood clot so I had to get blood work done, liver is fine and I need to lsoe more weight, he THINKS I need medication for blood glucose (which I don't because my sugars have been 120 now borderline high I know), and cholesterol meds.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:02 AM   #8
(female)

witty_sundrop HB User

LovelyOne, since you are worried about the chest pain, have you seen a cardiologist, (Heart Doctor)? That will be the best way to find out about the chest pains and the radiating pains you have been having. My husband now sees a cardiologist due to the fact of him having a heart attack in Jan. 2007. He is 37. Since then, he has been on a low fat and low salt diet, plus meds for cholesterol and his heart.

As for the the leg pain, have you had an ultrasound of your leg? This would show if you had a blood clot or not. From reading your posts, I can understand your fear. Take one step at a time and when you see your regular doctor, explain to him/her the experience you had with his/her substitute, then start asking your questions. Good luck with everything and I hope it is nothing serious.

Old 06-14-2007, 07:52 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

hillaryb HB User

Thanks for the update! If you are displeased with your doc you can always shop around. They aren't all going to tell you the same thing. Trust me, I've been there. Hopefully you can see your regular doc again soon. Good luck.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:18 PM   #10
(female)

LovelyOne HB User

I have seen a caridologist once in my life, I was about 18ish at the time and he wanted me to do a stress test, I lost my medical insurance so I couldn't get the test done. I now have no medical insurance but I get free medical through Sacramento County.

The funny thing is my regular dr had her assistant call me and my regular dr FINALLY saw my test result and requested that I see her to discuss gallbladder surgery. It's just irritating because I have had blood in my urine and painful (burning) urination for quite sometime (although no blood very last time I had urine checked for blood). And the fact that she asked me if I had blood in urine or painful urination seems to correlate with my gallbladder somehow.

As far as my leg goes I had blood work done 2 days ago and did a d dimer test which tests for clots. So I guess it's more waiting and yes I know IF it is serious that I risk the clot breaking off and traveling. I just don't know if it's a clot because I looked up "blood clots" online and found images and my leg looks nothing like theirs, my leg looks nothing like theirs.

Old 06-15-2007, 10:04 AM   #11
(female)

rose.diva HB User

cholelithiasis just means gallstones in the gallbladder ask your docter about polysistic ovary syndrome some of the things you have sound like this. this is some of them-it usually in overweight women high blood sugar ovarian cysts missed periods increased hair growth on face and other areas acne oily skin high cholestral high blood pressure . have they mentioned this to you? the treatment usually is the prescription diabetes drug metformin and birth control pills sometimes it also puts you at risk of heart attacks so it need to be treated. as for the kidneys the left kidney is always larger than the right one i found this out when i had to have my right kidney removed because of kidney cancer. i hope you can get some answers because you sound like you're feeling pretty scared and depressed.some of this also can come with pcos.ther is a board on this site that might help on pcos. it is under womens health, i think. i hope you get the answers you need

Old 06-15-2007, 10:15 AM   #12
(female)

rose.diva HB User

i forgot in my reply to you gallbladder surgery is not so bad these days.they can do laproscopic gallbladder surgery.the recovery is very quick and you will feel so much better. mine were not found until they found i had an infection and had to be hospitalized with iv antibiotics before they could do surgery. it would have been soo much easier to have had surgery first.the gallstones are formed from high cholesterol which could also relate from the pcos, if you do have it. having a fatty liver usually occurs in overweight people. it is not something you do about it just alter your diet and keep up your journey to lose weight and get healthier. sorry for the long posts, but some of your worries i hope i can help you relax about them.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:22 PM   #13
(female)

LovelyOne HB User

Well, when I went to my dr's office a this week, I saw my medical record and in the inside of the medical record was this page and it said: obesity, kidney problems, PCOS, type 2 diabetes. As far as I know I only have one cyst on my ovary and the person who was doing my ultrasound told me that a cyst on the ovary is normal, but since mine is really large I need to see my regular doctor to discuss this. I assume she diagnosed me with PCOS w/out telling me since it was on this page. I don't have increased facial hair, nor do I have acne.

My bloos sugars have been normal just through diet. By normal I mean 120 usually...a bit high but I assume it will go down more when I lose even more weight.

I have not always had high cholesterol, there was a time when my cholesterol was fine, that was when I had quit smoking for 4 years and I was also working at a job in which I was constantly "working out." So I think I can do it on my own....this last set of blood tests will tell me if my cholesterol has changed after quitting smoking again and just eating a LOT better.

As far as my gallbladder surgery goes, I just read that sometimes people still have gallbladder symptoms even after the gallbladder is taken out. And since my liver is fatty and the liver has to pick up and do extra work because the gallbladder is not there anymore leads me to believe id like to try something else before going through a surgery. I have NEVER reacted well to anything injected into my body, I RARELY take medications (this even includes tylenol, asprins, etc) the only time I take meds is when it is an antibiotic and it's absolutely necessary.

Oddly enough I have more symptoms of Cushing's Syndrome which more closely match my symptoms. Who knows though, the body is one giant mystery and as far as my symptoms go I have symtpoms of everything ha heh

I THANK YOU for your reply Rose and I am glad you are ok now and that the surgeries worked out well for you.

Last edited by LovelyOne; 06-15-2007 at 12:27 PM.

Closed Thread