It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2007, 03:38 PM   #1
(female)

ccca HB User
breast yeast infection

Please help... I have developed a yeast infection under my breast. It started on one side and has now developed on the other side. It was clearing up with powder but has gotten worse since summer has come. Any suggestions would be helpful as how to get rid of this pain in the ....

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2007, 08:07 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User
Re: breast yeast infection

I don't know if you can use any creams. I don't even know if they have yeast infection creams. Whenever I have had them, my doc gave me an oral medicine to take. You might visit a doctor and see if they have something you can take or use. My best suggestion is to make sure you keep your girls dry. I can't tell you for sure how to do that. I would say get a good support bra or something that will keep them a bit higher so that if you sweat, they don't get as moist underneath and have a chance to continue to grow the yeasty bacteria. Perhaps tape them up but, I would fear that you might sweat under the tape and the yeast would grow under their.

So, the best suggestion I have for you is to see your doctor. You can't be the only person that that has ever happened to. My sister had a yeast infection on her face so, I know that yeast infections can travel. I don't know how it was treated for her face and, we have sort of a strained relationship so, I can't ask her.

Sorry I couldn't be more help!
Take care and keep in touch!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2007, 09:18 AM   #3
(female)

peace1910 HB User

hi there,

i have had this problem a couple of times...i'm overwieght and am pretty "busty" i solved this problem by simply using the cream for vaginal yeast infections put under my breasts....also you do have to keep them dry underneath....i used a good bra and put kleenex under my breasts to absorb the moisture.....it may sound weird, but it cleared up in about 2-3-weeks with daily use. it is worth a try.........good luck and post and let me know if it works for you..................................... .................peace

Old 06-19-2007, 09:50 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hello ccga

yes, I agree with Peace... sma eproduct for yeast flare up no matter where it is located. Two years ago, my oncologist prescribed a powder for a yeast problem in the folds of my thigh where I had surgery. The stuuf is phenomenal! It is called NYSTOP. Just spriklne sparingly and spread around. None of the dampness from creams and ointments. Also use it under my breast.. (chubby boobs) and my huby uses for jock rash. It is RXed only. be sure to ask doctor for largest size available... my first script was so small it was gone in 3 days! Now I get a 60 gram plastic bottle of it with three refills.

Hope this suggestion is helpful
reachout

Old 06-19-2007, 10:08 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

I used the cream that came in the Monistate vaginal box. Anywhere on the body that stays wet, damp, moist and warm bacteria can cause yeast infections. They are all the same kind just in different places.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:59 PM   #6
(female)

ccca HB User

Thank you everyone, I have been using the medicated powder and eating lots of yogurt. Seems to be improving. Hopefully it will clear up completely, really dread going to doctors.

Thanks again

Old 06-20-2007, 04:13 PM   #7
(female)

kathya HB User

You can also use any kind of athletes foot cream. tinactin works well. Apply at night and again in the morning. Also, take a clean, soft, white t-shirt and cut strips from it. Use a strip tucked in your bra, under your boobs when you are exercising or when you know you'll be sweating a lot. This helps prevent the rash from getting out of control.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:56 PM   #8
(female)

deannie48 HB User

I found that soaking my bras in 1 part water to 1 part (White vinegar only) kills the yeast in your bra and prevent re-infection. I use 1-1/2 cups of white vinegar and 1-1/2 cups of water in a gallon ziplock bag for at least 1 hour. Wash as usual. Do not wear a bra more then once between soaking and washing. Also use monistat cream.

Last edited by deannie48; 01-08-2008 at 07:56 PM.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:41 AM   #9
(female)

ladyj1981 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathya View Post
You can also use any kind of athletes foot cream. tinactin works well. Apply at night and again in the morning. Also, take a clean, soft, white t-shirt and cut strips from it. Use a strip tucked in your bra, under your boobs when you are exercising or when you know you'll be sweating a lot. This helps prevent the rash from getting out of control.
This may sound kinda weird I know yogurt should help with yeast infections but with me it actully causes my yeast infections under my breasts. I think it may be the dairy part of it, since milk and cheese do the same thing.

I have tried the creams but they create moisture so they don't help much for me I use baby powder to keep the skin dry.

Old 01-10-2008, 10:59 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User

I am currently using a cream called called Nystatin and triamcinolone acetonide cream which was rx'ed by a doctor. It has worked wonders. Also avoid the medicated powder as this can aggravate the problem. Use an unscented powder...perhaps they have one in the yeast/athletes foot isle. Good luck!
Bella

Closed Thread