It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2007, 12:42 AM   #1
(male)

Fodleg72 HB User
Blood in stool after fight

I took some pretty hard body shots during an altercation Monday night.. Woke up with black stools.. Went to family doc Wednesday, he said hemoglobin count (in stool) was not alarming, but advised me to go to the hospital due to legal reasons (I did not), also said I could simply watch for more blood in stool (I have been). Black stool turned brown again within 36 hours and after 72 hours no fever or nausea, although there was a slight 2-toned color of darker brown on top of a much larger lighter brown stool this evening (but not black). Pain is gradually decreasing in the trunk area.. and I am starting to feel better. Should I worry that I did not go to the ER? could there be an underlying (serious) condition that doesn't show symptoms? Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2007, 12:54 AM   #2
(female)

were2alike HB User
Re: Blood in stool after fight

yes you should get some xrays done and what ever test they do for internal bleeding. just to be sure and not go to sleep an that be it !if you know what I mean? not to put fear into you . but most of the time internal bleeding does not show up imediately.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2007, 04:58 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User

I would think that finding ANY blood in your stools would be somewhat "alarming".he was right in sending you to the hospital,why did you not actually go?seeing black blood,is digested blood,meaning it was located(the source) at the stomach level or above.what type of 'pain' are we talking here?did you take a direct hit at the stomach(right between and slightly below,and slightly left of the upside down 'V" area ribcage)level?anyplace above that level?did you have a bloody nose at all with some heavy bleeding?this could also explain the black blood too.

i would carefully watch your stools and look for any possible symptoms of bleeding or other related GI stuff,and it wouldn't hurt to have this area scanned/scoped if this occurs again.'something' had to be actively bleeding at one time in order to have what you had.you just need to be certain that that source is not active anymore.were you experiencing any GI symptoms at all BEFORE this incident took place?like maybe an ulcer or any other stomach related issues?you just need to make certain that this has stopped and is no longer any kind of threat to your health in any way.if at any time you start feeling "not right" or that bleeding reoccurs,get thee to the ER to have this evaluated.good luck,FB

Old 06-22-2007, 07:26 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User

You should have this evaluated. Why pay to see the doctor if you do not heed his advice? This can be dangerous, I would go.

Closed Thread