It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2007, 01:11 AM   #1
(male)

okum HB User
Deep Bruise

My girlfriend fell down and bruised her side and the middle of her butt. This was several months ago and the bruises have all left, except that now she has a "dent" in the middle of one of her butt cheeks. As silly as it sounds, I have massaged it in the hopes that it will loosen up the muscle so it will go back to its original shape. Nothing seems to work.

The spot is slightly tender but there isn't any discoloration. It is harder to the touch than the rest of the area. I'm guessing it is a deep bruise so what is the best cure for something like that? Is this something a doctor should deal with and will it ever go back to normal?

Thanks for your help.

Old 07-02-2007, 09:33 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User
Re: Deep Bruise

My tailbone is permanently brusied when I was hit by a car at age 16. I am 38now. I have to massage my tailbone and the muscles connected to them from time to time. It can get where it hurts to sit down. Once I am sitting I am ok but when I stand up it hurts like the dickens. There is no cure for me.

It's possible for her to have fractured it with out an x-ray she will never know if it is or not. A bruised tailbone may take several days to several weeks to completely heal. A fractured tailbone takes 4 to 6 weeks to heal. Even though mine is healed I still have flare ups which causes pain in my leg too..

Try a heating pad on her tailbone for about 15 minutes to help loosen the muscles then you can massage. That's what I do and it works wonders.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2007, 11:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

butrfligirl28 HB Userbutrfligirl28 HB User

I cannot believe I am reading this!!! LOL I thought I was the only one this happened to! I fell and broke my tailbone several years ago. I had severe bruising on one side of my buttocks and hip. The bruising and pain were severe for several weeks. Months later, my roomates noticed the "dent" on one cheek. I did what you did, massaged it for weeks. It didn't get better, so I went to the doctor. (Some may say I am vain, but I didn't like how you can see it when I wear something sheer).

I got bad news however. Sorry. The doc told me that I fell so hard, the muscular tissue underneath the bruising "died". He said that this can happen when the trauma to the soft tissue is severe. He said that the dent is there because the dead tissue was absorbed over time by my body, and that left an empty area, hence the dent.

I am sorry to say that all these years later, and MUCH massaging, ect. it is still there. My doc said that all he could think would fix it would be plastic surgery. But, I am not going to go there.

She should still see a doctor to confirm the diagnosis. I went several months later, and often think if I had gone sooner, it could have been treated....but I don't know. Did she ever see the doctor? I was surprised to hear that my tailbone was fractured, even though it did hurt very bad. She most likely broke hers as well. Keep in touch and let me know what you find out. At least tell her she is not alone!

Amanda

Last edited by butrfligirl28; 07-02-2007 at 11:22 AM. Reason: spelling

Old 07-02-2007, 12:07 PM   #4
(male)

okum HB User

Thank you very much for your help. I will pass the word along and get back to you on what happens.

Closed Thread