It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2007, 10:20 PM   #1
(female)

M1181984 HB User
Medical Records?

Hello,

My fiancée does not know about a "compromising" elective procedure I had several years ago. I would like to find out under what circumstances he would have access to my medical records. The only reason I am asking is because my fiancée is a doctor. I understand that normal access to medical records would require a release, but considering he is a doctor...??? Can he just grab them and see out of curiousity? Do Md's have such unrestricted access to records?

Thank you,
M

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User
Re: Medical Records?

If he does not know about the surgery then I'd think it would be hard from him to find out your info. He'd have to know where it was done or who performed it. If he has no knowledge of the surgery then there is nothing for him to look into.

My uncle is an anesthesiologist and he had no problem getting records on his friend and a family member. We asked him to look at them but we never signed anything. No questions were asked and the records were in a different state. I don't know if he knew anyone at the other hospitals but I thought one had to sign a paper to allow others to view medical records.

Heck I have to sign to look at MY OWN records.

Last edited by FromSqueaky; 07-06-2007 at 02:05 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2007, 02:45 PM   #3
(female)

M1181984 HB User

Sooo, it's not like anytime I have a medical procedure, bloodwork, etc. the record goes to some report which gives my entire medical history? In other words my medical records are scattered about at the various hospitals and clinics I have been to throughout my life? There is not a singular database which contains all of my records and medical history?

Wow. I had no idea.

Old 07-06-2007, 03:01 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

FromSqueaky HB User

I never thought about it like that but I don't think they have a home data base. If there is such a thing I would be mad from the amount of time that I spent at different doctors getting copies of my records to bring to another doctor.

Closed Thread