It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2007, 03:56 AM   #1
(male)

DamblePower HB User
Stupid question. Is chugging water in a short time the same as drinking it over...

I want to start drinking 8 glasses a day, but I procrastinate a lot, and usually just drink pop instead.

So I was wondering, say I chugged 2 glasses of water, then another 2 hours later did the same thing. Or maybe 3 at a time. Would this still help wash toxins out of my body the same as if I just drank them slow through out the day?

It would be way more convenient, in my mind anyway. And i wana get on a healthy track.

Last edited by DamblePower; 07-20-2007 at 03:30 PM.

Old 07-20-2007, 04:41 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User
Re: Stupid question. Is chugging water in a short time the same as drinking it over..

To stay hydrated, it is really important to drink enough water over the course of the day. If you drink it all at once: (A) It will flush right through your system, and not enough will get absorbed to make a big difference, or (B) you'll throw it up, or (C) in extreme cases will cause hyponatremia (basically it dilutes your electrolytes to dangerous levels).

Drinking water is less about "flushing toxins" than it is about maintaining a healthy body.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2007, 04:52 AM   #3
(male)

DamblePower HB User
Re: Stupid question. Is chugging water in a short time the same as drinking it over..

thought so
I think I will keep it to a steady 2 glasses at a time then
not chugging though.

The thing is I will drink one, then just stop. So drinking 2 will be better then one obviously.

But I will try to start drinking 8 a day.

Also, another random question.

I havent been drinking water a lot lately, maybe 1 glass a day. Will drinking 8 glasses make me feel a huge change in everyday activities? I want to feel less drowsy and more motivated to do things.

And also I want to stop drinking pop as I usualy always start getting pimples after a can of it.

Old 07-20-2007, 05:14 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

dustoffkid HB Userdustoffkid HB User

I found that once I started drinking enough water every day I really did notice a change for the better- I am more alert and focused at work, etc. And the soda thing... I don't drink a lot of it anyway, but try switching to diet sodas first and then slowly work them out of your diet completely (if just stopping all at once is too hard for you). When I want a soda I usually take cranberry or pomegranate juice and mix it with fizzy water. Substitute your favorite juice.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:31 PM   #5
(male)

DamblePower HB User

Thanks for the info.
I am in good shape for someone who eats as unhealthy as me
but I don't feel as alert and healthy as I should, which is most likely from my bad diet.

I will try to switch to diet pop ill ask parents about it, they drink a lot of pop which is why it is always availiable.

Old 07-23-2007, 10:35 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Hating glasses HB User

I started drinking water (8 servings of 8 oz a day) and found that it did help in areas like my skin and I feel a bit less sluggish. But, I also drink a Vinti coffee in the AM. I like Coca-Cola but, try not to drink too much of it and, since I tend to gain weight really easily, in order to keep my weight down, I drink diet sodas. If you like Coke, try Zero or the diet Coke with Splenda. It tastes just like regular coke. I hate the taste of regular Diet Coke so, it was great when they did the Zero and Splenda stuff.

But, one thing to be careful with is not to drink anything too quickly. You can drown yourself from the inside if you drink too much of any liquid too quickly. Your body needs time to process everything. Try a 16 oz bottle of water in an hour. Another one maybe an hour from then over another hour. You don't need to drink so quickly. Also, if you just don't really like the taste of water (I hate it), try Fruit2O. I like the Tropical Fruit flavor. It is water with flavoring and, as I said, my skin is better and I have a bit of a better ability to organize my thoughts and keep alert during the day. So, even though it is flavored, it is water and is healthy.

Take care and don't hurt yourself by drinking it so quickly. People have literally died from drinking water, milk and other drinks too much too soon.

Closed Thread