It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2007, 08:26 AM   #1
(female)

AngieBaby77 HB User
I think my medical mystery could be solved -- Might be Staph...

Hi everyone. As some of you may have read from my previous posts I have been sick. Painful underarm lump. Total body pain and exhaustion.

I was thinking it could be Lyme, but no doctor ever tested for that and I was given Zithromax Zpak and sent home.

Then I found a lump in my left breast which is the same side that the node hurts.

I went to an OB and he told me he thinks the breast lump is an infected hair follicle which is draining to the underarm lymph node. He said it is most likely a Staph infection making me sick.

He did not prescribe any further antibiotics. He seemed to think this problem will go away by itself.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of breast/underarm Staph infection? Does Zithromax get rid of it? He told me to take Vitamin E and apply hot compresses to both lumps.

I am still feeling bad. Still painful. Need advice!

Thanks,
Angela

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2007, 08:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

feelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB Userfeelbad HB User
Re: I think my medical mystery could be solved -- Might be Staph...

zithro can take care of alot of different types of infections.it is a "good' anti B.it all depends on what is actually causing this to occur as to whether or not the zithro will even touch it.i am kind of suprised that they haven't done more actual testing on you to just find out for certain what is causing this to occur?it is just something that is done when trying to Dx any strange issue that can pop up inside our bodies,test and rule out and move on to the next thing,ya know?

i am thinking,only because this truely was the most in depth and comprehensive type of blood study i ever had in my entire life,going to see a rhuemy doc?this man tested me for every possible diesease and condition that could stem from an inflammatory type of issue or exist because of things like lyme disease or many other possible conditions,including autoimmune.it was a four page 'blood test".they sent labs all over the flippin country to specific places that only tested for certain things.it was really unreal actually.but this is what i would reccomend for you.it does also include testing for lyme disease too.it would at the very least,rule out a ton of possible reasons/causes or your situation.if things don't clear with the zithro,just so you know,even tho you only take the Z pack for five days,it still has to work the full ten in order to really get the best effects,try seeing a rheumatologist for that blood work up.it really hits all the highlights.and then kind of just go from there.

unfortunetly any real Dx of anything generally is a test and rule out type of thing.its just medicine.hopefully they will have it pinned down for you soon.good luck and please keep me posted,K? FB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2007, 07:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

Staph needs aggresive treatment.I'm very suprised That he did no further testing .I don't think any staph infection will clear up on its own. A Zpak is not usually the right type of antibioitc for staph. I would ee another doc and not a OB

Old 07-29-2007, 04:04 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

penybobeny HB User

Hi there...

This sounds suspiciously like cellulitis or maybe an infected lymph node... did the Dr recommend warm compressess to relieve the pain and to bring it to a 'head'?

Did he tell you what you should do should it burst and how to care for it?

Old 07-29-2007, 12:25 PM   #5
(female)

AngieBaby77 HB User

He did say to apply hot, wet compresses. He did not tell me what to do if it burst. I did not know that it could burst. It looks like a lump under the skin rather than on top of it.

When I pull the breast skin taut it is visible. I have asked for different medicine but no one has given me any so I guess this stuff has to clear up on its own.

I have been quite assertive with the docs, seen several of them and they are treating me like a hypochondriac and dismissing me. So now I am just waiting to get better.

My OB did say that in two weeks if it was still there I could come back in.

Closed Thread