It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2007, 10:51 AM   #1
(female)

desertstar HB User
dizziness and slow pulse

I woke this morning and when I got up - the entire room was spinning- my head feels off balanced- but I have no nausea- I've had inner ear problems years ago and know the feeling of nausea that accompanies that- however this is strange because no nausea- and it comes and goes- like now although my head feels like I have cotton wool stuffed in it- things are not spinning around-- I've never experienced this before. I am not on any medication at all.

My blood pressure is normal- my blood pressure is always either exactly normal or slightly below- 120/80 116/77 etc etc. However my pulse is 52 and earlier when I took my blood pressure the pulse was 48- seems a bit low- not sure why. Not sure if this is connected- normal pulse for me is low- around 62 and can go often go down to 58.

Just curious if anyone has suggestions for this- the dizziness.

Old 08-15-2007, 11:24 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB Userticker HB User
Re: dizziness and slow pulse

Hi desertstar. You may want to have your thyroid checked. Ask to have the Free T3, Free T4 (besides the T3 and T4) and thyroid antibodies tested in addition to the normal panel. They are not usually done but are necessary for a comprehensive view.

If you need help interpreting your results, the people on the thyroid board here are very helpful.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2007, 11:34 AM   #3
(female)

desertstar HB User

hello-
Thank you for your quick reply. I've been living overseas for quite a number of years and so am not so familiar where to get things done here. When you mention that I need to get these tests done-- do you mean I can go to any lab and do that? Do I need to see a doctor to do that? As I said, I've been 'out of the loop' and so I don't have a doctor here in the States yet. Any information you can give me regarding the tests, I would be very grateful. Thank you again for your quick reply!!

Old 08-15-2007, 04:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi desertstar. I believe you need to have a doctor order these tests. They are all simple blood tests. I recommend asking for all the ones listed. They are not usually done but are necessary for a comprehensive view of the thyroid.

Be sure to get copies of your results. Even if they are in the normal range, if symtpoms are present you may need treatment.

Good luck!

Old 08-17-2007, 05:15 PM   #5
(female)

carmen1023 HB User

Hello Ticker:
I am having the same problem i feel dizzy and i feel palpitation, my blood pressure go up up to 165/100, I start shaking and very very cold.
I went to doctor and he checked my heart which is OK, then he refer me to a neurologist I did a brain MRI , ENG and Bauer Test also the MRI was taken also from the middle ear (both ) the results: negative.
I went to the hospital one day i had a SCAN of the brain, X-rays of the chest, blood test etc. and you know what: negative.
I don't know what to do because in the last test the cardiologist did he ordered a T3 and T4 and they were normal.
The neurologist prescribed Diazepam (Valium 2 mg) but I feel very down
all my friends said that what I have is a lot of stress and panic attacks. I don't think so.Is there any cure for panic attacks, I don't take any medication only VASOTEC 10 mg once a day. I would like to have something to stops this dizziness but something natural medicine I need help!!!
Carmen

Old 08-17-2007, 05:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Carmen. I suggest that you have the Free T3, Free T4, (not the T3 and T4) and thyroid antibody tests done. They are not usually done but are necessary for a comprehensive view.

Some people have a type of auto-immune hypothyroidism called Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. This would be evident if the antbodies are present. Some people who have this have normal other results. If antibodies are present, treatment can be warranted.

I had thyroid problems for years and the doctors kept telling me my results were normal. I had many thyroid disorder symptoms but was repeatedly told I did not have a thyroid disorder. Finally, when a doctor ran the antibody tests, they were sky high. I have been getting treated ever since then. What is normal for one person may not be normal for someone else.

Learn as much as you can, it is important. The thyroid board at this site has a lot of good information and helpful people.

Do not give up!

Old 08-17-2007, 06:16 PM   #7
(female)

carmen1023 HB User

Thank you Ticker, I will talk to my doctor to see if he can order the tests.
You know? I think probably my problem is the thyroid, when I was like 9 or 10 years old i had thyroid problem but after 15 or 16 years old no more problem
Probably with my "change" ( i am now 52) this problem came back you never know. I will talk to my doctor I did thought about this.
Thanks again
Carmen

Old 08-17-2007, 06:48 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hi Carmen. I always thought that once you had a thyroid disorder, you always had one. It will be interesting to see what your results show.

Good luck! Keep me posted okay?

Old 08-17-2007, 07:17 PM   #9
(female)

oliver65 HB User

just found this site on my way to "broken foot" which has been a great site for me as I have a med.fracture and am in an aircast that is driving me crazy!!!

The other crazy part is my 87 year old mother ( who thinks and looks like she is 67) is so full of dizziness every day and no one can find out why...She does have a thyroide problem and has for many years...but her new doc just keeps playing around with meds...that just seem to make her nuts..the adjustment of the med seems so extreme. He keep trying to put her on downer meds which seem to make things worse. Due to my own conditon right now...I am unable to be with her and I am so afraid she will fall. She lives in a very large house by herself.

I am going to try to show her the way to this site...I am sure it would be helpful to her....just to talk to someone who is going through the same kind of feelings....

you sound like you know a lot about this kind of thing. It is sad as you grow older....when no one wants to take the time to listen!!!!

Old 08-17-2007, 07:46 PM   #10
(female)

Stitcher317 HB User

You might want to visit the Inner Ear Board for suggestions. I had this 4 years ago and the dizziness was caused by an inner ear virus, called Vestibular Neuritis. An Ear, Nose and Throat Dr. can rule this out for you.

good luck..

Old 08-17-2007, 10:21 PM   #11
(female)

desertstar HB User

thanks- It seems to have 'righted itself'-= but if it happens again I will follow up on the various suggestions.

Closed Thread