It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2007, 10:52 PM   #1
Veteran
(male)

lovinthev8 HB User
Two questions ~ Is aloe available in block form? And what razor do you folks use?

So, I started shaving my head. I kinda like the look, so I may keep it for a bit. I've run into a few small dilemmas since then. The first being... does anybody sell aloe vera in a block form, like a soap block? It'd be nice to use because the lube strip on razors tend to fade quickly, while the blades are still sharp and usable. It'd be nice to just have a block of aloe to rub on my head afterwards. Lately I've just been using a very small amount of neosporin, which does a nice job in soothing the skin.

Other question is, what type of razor do you folks use? I've bounced around with a few different brands, and right now I'm stuck between two. Gillette Mach 3 and the Personna Matrix 3 (a more generic brand). The reason I'm stuck is, the Matrix 3's blades are half as much as the Mach 3's, however the Mach 3's last longer. I've shaved 4 times with the Matrix and they're dead. I've shaved 5 times with the Mach and they're still pretty darn sharp. Unsure of what to continue getting in the future.

Also, little tip - Shaving cream/gel irritates my head more than shaving itself does. I tried using hair conditioner to shave, and to my surprise it works better than shaving cream (in my experience).

Last edited by lovinthev8; 08-16-2007 at 10:53 PM.

Old 08-17-2007, 01:07 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User
Re: Two questions ~ Is aloe available in block form? And what razor do you folks use?

As far as the aloe, why not buy a plant and use the real thing? You can just cut a small piece off of the plant and rub it on the affected area.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2007, 01:30 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

lovinthev8 HB User
Re: Two questions ~ Is aloe available in block form? And what razor do you folks use?

Eh, a plant? Not really worthwhile to me. I'd rather just get an aloe block and use that if it's available.

Old 08-19-2007, 10:15 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

lovinthev8 HB User

So I decided to go the cheaper route as far as razors go after I looked on the lower shelf and saw a bunch of disposable BIC's. I'm not a fan of their basic design, the chinsey ones with 1 or 2 blades, however they have a "comfort 3" disposable, which generally go for like 4 for 3.75 or so. Three blades, aloe strip, pivoting head. Very nice. I started using them to save some money on the more expensive Gillettes I was using, which per cartridge were like 2.50, whereas these BIC's are less than a dollar per.

I also came across something in the baby aisle. It's Johnson's "baby oil gel", which is baby oil in a gel form. It says it's pumped with aloe and vitamin E. My head had some slight razor burn from shaving this morning. I put some on and daaaaaaang it feels great now.

So for those who have sensitive skin, perhaps the baby oil gel is a nice choice for you after shaving.

Closed Thread