It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2007, 03:43 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User
Nose piercing has bump

My new nose piercing (about 6 weeks) has started to have a protruding bulge or bump above the ring. It's not hot or hurting really, just looks kinda yucky. I know I shouldn't use any alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. I am using antibacterial soap and bacitracin ointment (as told). And actually before I new it was bad I did use the peroxide. Have any other helpful hints? I heard something about Emu Oil, what is it? I so want to keep this in! Do you think antibiotics might help? What might be going on? Thanks all!
Bella

Old 08-18-2007, 11:07 AM   #2
(female)

tracygirl HB User
Re: Nose piercing has bump

Hi Tattoos. I had my nose done about 2 years ago. This also happened to me. I just used an antibiotic ointment like neosporin or the generic antibiotic. I'm not familiar with bacitracin, if it's an antibiotic ointment it should be fine. It may take at least a week for this "bump" to subside and it may reoccur. This happened to me a few times. Mine got slightly infected a few times over the course of a year. They say it takes a year for it to completely heal. After about a year and half for me - it doesn't get sore (infected) anymore. I'm not familiar with emu oil so I'm no help there. Don't be too worried though, I think what you're going through is fairly normal! Goodluck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tattoogirl HB User

Thanks tracygirl-
I just don't want a perma-bump . Bacitracin is an antibiotic ointment (just a brand name). I guess it's just the bodies healing process...it's probably thinking what the F is in nose that shouldn't be there.....get it out ! So did you have it pierced by hand with a surgical steel ring (16 gauge)? Did you ever change the jewelery? So your piercing is pretty much all healed without any problems now? Is it less weird blowing your nose as time passes? Thanks.
Bella

Old 08-20-2007, 05:05 AM   #4
(female)

tracygirl HB User

Hi Tattoos. Don't worry, you won't have a perma bump............I thought the same thing and was reassured by a couple friends who had their nose done that it happened to them too. I did have it done by hand (I think) it was 16 guage. I had a small diamond colored stud put in. It was not a straight post but more of a cork screw type end, so when I changed it I sort of had to twist it out. Still for me it is no fun changing it. My boyfriend bought me a real diamond stud to put in but it was a larger guage and it was a *%^#@! to get in. It's in now and I won't be changing it for awhile. Also, be careful with facecloths or towels.............I have accidently ripped mine out 3 times from it getting caught in it...........ouch!

Old 08-21-2007, 03:55 AM   #5
(male)

hippydave HB User
Thumbs up Re: Nose piercing has bump

hi, just thought i'd add additional reassurance that the bump will definitely go away as the piercing fully heals

Closed Thread