It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2007, 08:17 AM   #1
(female)

Mia4 HB User
Question Ache in armpit?

This has been bugging me for a while now. I have occasional reocurring ache in my left armpit, only for short periods of time. It's kind of obscure as to exactly where. I can't find a sore spot or anything. I can't really tell if anything is swollen either.
When I was... Well, before I can remember, I had a bad reaction to some shot I got when I was a baby and a "gland" (is what my parents told me), I'd guess a lymph node(?) got severely swollen and was surgically removed. It's the same armpit.
It aches maybe for 1-5 minute periods a few times a week or so. I think it's been getting slightly less frequent lately, but, I'm not sure. It's been doing this for 3 months maybe less, I can't quite remember.

Could it be something dangerous and should I see a doctor about it?

Oh! And maybe two-three weeks ago I had my tonsils and a lymph node in the back of my neck suddenly swell for 5 maybe minutes in conjunction with it. It went away as suddenly as it showed up and it hasn't happened again.

Old 08-21-2007, 11:15 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

innerstrength86 HB User
Re: Ache in armpit?

I have a few spots in my armpit on my left arm too! I'm almost positive it's not a lymph node problem - irritation from shaving? ingrown hair? - but then again you've had a few lymph node issues so maybe you should have it checked out. In my opinion, it isn't something to worry about (just annoying and a little abnormal, haha), but you need to use your best judgment and see a doctor if you're concerned.

Good luck, keep us updated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2007, 12:20 PM   #3
(female)

gypsy66 HB User

I don't wish to alarm you, but I would have my doctor check it out. Swollen, painful lymph nodes suggest that your body may be fighting some kind of infection, or it could be a sign of something more serious.

I, too, have occasional soreness under my left arm, a dry cough, and fatigue. Several weeks ago, a mammeogram revealed that the lymph nodes under my arm were enlarged. My doctor suggested that I have a CT Scan which revealed eleven neuroendocrine nodules in my right lung and six in my left lung. I had a bronchoscopy, but because the tumors are so small, I may have to have another biopsy in order for my doctor to diagnose the problem. Yesterday, I had a PET Scan. Your body is telling you that something is wrong. It may not be serious, but I think you should make an appointment with your doctor. Best wishes.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:32 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

innerstrength86 HB User

In addition to my last post, it could be a swollen sweat gland. Just another thought.

Old 08-23-2007, 02:49 AM   #5
(female)

Mia4 HB User

Okay. Well, I think I've found the source of the aching. And it's a soft pair of lumps, I feel pretty sure they are lymph nodes. So, I'm going to call the hospital as soon as mom gets home. And I'm feeling quite scared. x.x

But I've thought about that operation when I was little... It was probably a sweat gland. I think I remember them saying something like that.

I'm all fidgety now.

Old 08-23-2007, 03:46 AM   #6
(female)

renew4u HB User

Definitely have a doctor look at this and switch to gentle chemical free products, especially ones you are using under arm.

hope all is well

Old 08-25-2007, 04:32 AM   #7
(female)

Mia4 HB User

When I showered today, one of those aching moments came on. And, Now that I know where it is, it was easy to tell there was swelling. But, it only seems noticably swollen these randomly appearing periods of time), then it goes down again.

I checked with my mom on the story about the surgery when I was little. She recalls it being a lymph node, and the shot I reacted to was a TBC-vaccine. I checked on the 'net; the bacteria used for the vaccine aren't the kind of TBC that attacks people, but a related bacteria that attacks cattle. Though it seems it can jump the species-border. Hm...

Anyway, swelling is bad. x.x

I feel random aches in small spots here and there. Feels kind of like I have a bruise for just a short moment, then it dissapears. Maybe I'm just imaginging things, tough.
I also had a headache most of Thursday, and just a tiny bit before going to sleep yesterday. I guess the headache could be dehydration or stress or lack of sleep or the like. The achiness I really have no idea. I've only had it today and yesterday night, though.

It feels like my appointment Wednesday is ages away...

Last edited by Mia4; 08-25-2007 at 05:12 AM.

Old 08-25-2007, 08:57 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

jan-o HB User

Have you tried using a salt stick instead of deodorant? It takes while to get used to, but I finally did.

Good luck at the doctor's...and I hope your pain goes away.

God bless you,
Kelly

Old 09-02-2007, 04:07 PM   #9
(female)

Mia4 HB User

Well, I did see the doctor last Wednesday. She checked my lymph nodes, but, unfotunately nothing was swollen at the time. She did say I had just slightly swollen ones at the sides of my neck, and my upper thighs.
she didn't think it was anything serious, but, they took some blood to check my white blood cell count or something like that. Just to be sure.
I still haven't heard any results yet... But I've been pretty calm since then.

I did have a cold that refused to go way from some time early may to late july. It was only bad for about a week and a half, but it never completely went away. Then mom got a cold in late july/early august, and I got it too. It lasted for 6-7 days or so. Then I was fine, and seemingly the previous cold was gone, too. That was about 4 weeks ago. Maybe 5.

I've had the aching lymph nodes since about when I got that first cold, and it got worse after they both dissapeared. My cheeks have been getying a little "bumpy" or swollen on the insides, so I tend to bite my cheeks when I eat. I often do the same thing when I get a cold. So I'm thinking maybe I could still have a cold somehow.
I don't cough, my nose don't run, and my throat is... Mostly fine. Hurts very slightly on occasion. I don't feel feverish or anything. So I'm not really sure... But I'd guess for a cold...

If it is possible to have a "stealthy" cold...?
You shouldn't have a cold for that long tough, should you?

Closed Thread