It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Open to All Other Health Topics Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2007, 10:14 AM   #1
(male)

BIG-E HB User
Prolotherapy Gave Me Nerve Damage?!

Hey everyone I'm a 21 year old male athlete, and I recently went in for my second prolotherapy treatment for my right knee. When the Dr. put the needle in the back of my knee, he hit a nerve and I got a strong burning sensation that was felt down in my achilles tendon. He then took the needle out and injected in another spot. Three days later I noticed that when I straighten out my leg or touch my toes there is a burning sensation in the achilles tendon (not the knee) in the same spot where I initially felt the burn. I also noticed that when I put light pressure on the back of my knee where he injected, it gives a slight burning sensation down in my achilles tendon. Lastly, when I scratch the skin over my achilles tendon the sensation feels dulled. I called the Dr. and he said to give it a few more days and then call him back, but I'm fearing nerve damage right now. Does anyone have any clue what could be going on and if this will ever go away? Thanks.

Closed Thread